Chapter 1 - Octavian's P.O.V.

The cage was a little much.

A lot much.

There were twentyish bars on the cage. And a welcome mat. To make them seem hospitable. Such nice hospitable people, them Greeks.

"Can I have some of my things?" He begged, shaking the ricketiest of the twentyish bars.

"Like what Augur?" He had to smile. They didn't say freak! He'd been waiting a long time for someone not to say freak.

"My bag. The on with the blue shirt in it, and the other things." Augustus, he thought, wishing for comfort.

"We'll search it. No weapons. After that little suicide attempt-"

"That was an accident." Ha-ha-nope.

"No weapons."

"Yes sir." Octavian sighed, slumping against the sturdier bars. They brought out his New Rome duffel with the SPQR logo and dumped it out, tossing him his favorite shirt, making him changer right then and there, and also handing over the little stuffed raccoon.

"Gonna mock me?"

"You're suffering enough legacy. Funny word. Why do they call you that? Doesn't it have the connotations of doing something great?"

"You'd think." He sighed, shifting around, Augustus in his lap.

"That cage very comfortable?" From Octavian's mental reading on this guy he was a child of Athena, his first instinct was scum, traitor, not supposed to exist. Minerva wasn't supposed to be a mother. Then he realized the words he wanted to spit in this guy's face scum, traitor, not supposed to exist those words described him.

"The cage is a bit much don't you think?" Octavian said with a hollow laugh.

"It's temporary. It's going, soon, don't worry. maybe they'll fix you up with a nice room or maybe they'll ship you back to Camp Jupiter. Or Maybe you'll go off on your own, they're reaching a decision. Until then. Cage!"

"For my own protection."

"Because you tried to kill yourself. And other people."

"I'm sorry."

"I don't think you are. That's why there are no weapons in your cage. See you can't hurt us there... But here at Camp Half Blood we care about people and... No one wants you to hurt yourself." Octavian fell back toward the bars of the cage, surprised.

"I don't want to hurt you people. You guys gave me a welcome mat. " Perhaps the experience was wearing at his sanity, or maybe he was experiencing true gratitude.

"That was meant to be a joke. " Octavian sighed.

"I figured as much." Another camper, the boy said to be the son of Dionysus, Polly something, came up.

"Chiron demands to speak with the prisoner. " The boy's purple eyes speak sparkled with madness- the kinda guy who'd felt pain. "

"Come on Pollux this is Chiron not Gandalf."

"He still needs to talk with Octavian. '

"Right then. " His guard moved to unlock the cage.

"This is good for you you can finally go do great things. "

"I will. I didn't catch your name. "

"It's Barry. Oh, and tell Rachel I said hi. I have a feeling she'll be there. "

"Wh-why?" Octavian stuttered, as afraid of the season oracle as he was the verdict of his informal trial.

"Because, prisoner, she seems very interested in your case." Pollux told him, leading him toward the big house and his fate.

----

Happy New Year, guys!

I cannot believe we're at 2018 already! Every time, a new year starts, it blows my mind and I get philosophical about it. Trust me, I'm sure those of you who aren't in school already know what I'm talking about. Besides, I want to think 2018 will bring good things to us! #PositiveThoughts

I want to thank the people who voted in my survey! Obviously, the results will be reflected in my posting from now on, so I think is about your like, so let's get into the stories already!

Rise of Ouranos: an A/N with its explanation for the rewritting.

Rise of Ouranos (ReWrite): 1 chapter (no spelling mistakes). It's the rewritting of my former collab with LordNitro (trying to fix the holes and stuff)

Sis/Bro, Your Shadow is Hot!: 1 chapter (name can change. Better ideas? Give and you'll receive credit, but not money!)

Maidenhood: 1 chapter. An adoption from TheColorofTheBoom. It has a proper A/N in the first chapter.

Masked Hearts: 1 chapter. An old collab with Hugs6. Octachel.

Quest: Matchmade: 1 chapter. Another old collab with Hugs6. Also Octachel

I hope you all guys are having a happy year so far!

xoxo, SilverHuntresses