Chapter 1: The Boy in Time Meets the Girl of Time

A/n: hi everyone! This is my...um.. 7th? Book I publish. I hope this one is better than the Garmau T/L. Enjoy

It was a sunny day, the birds are singing, flowers are blooming. Perfect day for a picnic. A happy yet mischievous boy runs around chasing his younger siblings. Watching them is the proud and cheerful parents. The boy would tease one of his sister make them chase him. It was such a happy sight to see.

But, They heard a very loud gunshot and they all look where the sound come from, terrified. It came from the forest. Birds are now flying away from the forest. The terrified parents call out the scared children who ran towards them.

Then, before they could reach the grasp of their parents hand, A couple of gunshort can be heard and the family began to panic.

The mother grab the children's hands and tries to grab her husband's hands but he refuses.

"Go on ahead! I'll catch up!" The father ordered and the wife and children ran as fast as they can and never looked back.

However, the boy got lost and separated from his mother and two other siblings. The boy feared that he was being followed. So he ran and ran and ran. He keeps looking back if no one is following him. Without focusing on the path, he ran into a hole (stupid hole, why?) And before he knew it, he had fallen into the abyss of pure darkness. (I don't know if it make sense but, go on with the story)

He opened his eyes and he was on a bed of flowers, golden flowers. He stood up slowly. He realize that he is in a corridor and then he heard a cry.

"Please! Someone!" He followed the voice and he saw a girl. She was laying down on the flower bed. She looks fine but,

She's having nightmares huh?, he thought and he slowly draw near her and caress her hair, making her to calm down. Before he could even touch her hair, his hand slips off. Is she a ghost?? But why is a ghost doing here?, He thought. Then the girl slowly opens her eyes. The boy was clearly shocked. With her fascinating red glowing eyes, the boy was charm by the looks of the girl.

The girl looked at him and then he snapped back to reality. He looked at her and he said, "Hey! Sorry if I woke you up. You looked like you're having nightmares. I also have them too."

The girl, wearing a combination of green and yellow sweater and shorts, sat up and looked away from the boy.

"I'm Frisk. What's your name?" Frisk, the boy, looked at her and smiles. The girl looked back at Frisk. "....Chara.."

Frisk stood out and extends his hands to Chara. "Chara, That's a really nice name." Chara blushed, she looked away so Frisk doesn't notice.

For her, Frisk was the first boy who compliment her except Asriel, her use-to-be brother. Then she looked back at Frisk who was looking around finding an exit.

"If you want, I'll show you the exit." Chara hovers in front of Frisk causing to fall to the ground. He looked at her and he laugh.

"W-What's so F-funny?" She looked away as Frisk slowly stood up. "Never mind. Okay go ahead."

They began walking the cold and dark corridor. Frisk started to feel uneasy. He sat down to rest. "Huff... Pufff.. C-Chara? W-wait!!''

Chara looked back and saw Frisk on the floor. "What's the matter, Frisk?" She then hovers towards him. He looked at her and said he's fine. Chara was shock to what she had saw.

There are golden flowers on Frisk's left eye. She tried to help him up but she almost forgot she was a ghost. She cry for help.

"Chara? What are you doing? I'm perfectly fine." But Chara didn't stop calling for help. She cried, "I don't know if anyone could hear me! But please! Help us!!! Anyone!!" She cried out and cried out... Until.

"Oh my! Here let me help you." A tall and feminine slowly appoarch us. Chara's frown started to smile. Mom?? Can she see me?, Chara thought as she watch as her 'mother' draws closer to Frisk.

"Are you alright, my child? I'm Toriel. The caretaker of the ruins. Let me get you to safety." Toriel carefully carries Frisk and started walking towards the end of the corridor. Chara hovers in front of them, making sure Frisk is okay.

Frisk slowly open his eyes and he saw Chara slightly blurry. He smile and closed his eyes and rest. Chara heart ache and she feels that she had butterflies on her stomach.

They finally reach Toriel's home. Chara was amaze how much a change her old home. Some loose bricks have fallen. Cobwebs and vines on the walls. Instead of Asgore's beautiful flowers, Weeds grew almost as tall as the building. They went inside. The floor and wall coloring is much better than the outside. Nothing has much change.

They walked and there's one door Chara did remember a lot. It was her and Asriel's bedroom. Toriel open the door and lay Frisk on the bed. Chara still looks around her old room, nothing much has change just there more of her clothes and shoes in different sizes. She went back to watch Frisk again.

She still can't forget how Frisk smile and compliment her. Her blush deepen and Frisk turns around to face her. A small squeal awaken Frisk. He open his and saw the shocker Chara like she have seen a ghost.

"You okay, Chara?" He slowly stood up. One of the petals of the flower on his left eye fell on his lap. He pick it up with confusion. "C-Chara? Is it raining flowers or is it just me?"

"My child! If you are awake please go to the kitchen."

Who knew that Chara's cry heard Toriel even though Chara is a ghost.

Miracles do happen.

____________________________________
I hope you enjoy this first chapter.

🐼