3.

Michaels perspective

I was still very confused about the whole situation. The more and more I thought about it the more I panicked. I began debating whether or not I should wake up the others. Soon, I finally decided to wake them up. First, I woke up Evelyn, then I woke up William. I told them what happened and both were so shocked and scared. I looked around for land and they both searched with me. But, we couldn't see anything, especially when it is pitch black. We all came to a decision to wait until the morning.

Time/ 7:30 AM

I opened my eyes and blinked. After a few seconds realized it was morning and I saw Evelyn hovering over me. Her bright blue eyes made me forget about everything that happened last night. Soon, I heard her say, "There is no land nearby" I jumped up like the speed of lighting. I looked all around me realized, we are lost, in an ocean, alone, with sharks, whales, octopus, and tons of other creatures and god knows what else. I woke up William since Evelyn didn't seem to wake him up. I had to tell them we had to try to survive without regular supplies. Evelyn then replied with, "I have some waters in my backpack and some Cheez-Its" I happily smiled. I checked my backpack and found a water bottle. Then I checked if I had any other important supplies that can be used. I gasped. The others looked at me and I said," GUYS I FOUND IT. A COMPASS!!" Evelyn squealed in utter excitement, while William smiled. Evelyn and I did not know how to use a compass, though, others say it is so easy. So, we gave it to William. Then out of nowhere you hear a noise that can't be described. It was like a crying or sobbing coming from underwater. Then, I hear Evelyn yell as loud as she could, "TAKE COVER!!" I got down as quick as I could and hovered over Evelyn so she wouldn't get hurt. I saw something fly in the air and didn't worry about it. Only seconds later, I saw something ginormous and black fly high up from the water. It didn't take long to realize, it was a whale. I panicked. Around 10 seconds later, the tail of the whale comes down as quick as it could and splashes down onto the water. I get soaked and so does William, but luckily not Evelyn or she'd get sick. I got up slowly almost losing my balance and asked, " Is everyone okay?" Evelyn replied "Yes." But William looked down and began to mumble. I asked if he was okay and he soon responded, "The compass." and pointed to the ocean floor. I had a blank face. Normally, when I have a blank face it means I'm disappointed.  The compass was our only hope. And we lost it, the only thing going through my kid right now was that we were going to be stuck here, in the ocean, alone, till death. I then realized something horrible. This part of the ocean was shark infested and that technically meant death. For all three of us, I obviously have no hope at the moment. But, wouldn't you be thinking the same thing if you were on a paddle boat with thousands of other life taking creatures surrounding you. I was scared and I bet they were too.
20 minutes later
My throat was dry, dryer than the desert. I hated silence, I hated this, I hated being here. I finally decided to break this long silence by saying, " We should be trying to save our ONLY resources, so, why don't we share this water?" They all nodded their heads a second later. I pulled out a water from my backpack and we all took big gulps from the bottle. Then I thought to myself, I should've brought a canteen. I didn't want to make my self more thirsty by thinking about it, so, I tried to think about something else. William jumped up. And we sat up and looked at him. He said, " WHAT IF WE USE OUR PHONES AS A COMPASS?!? " Evelyn replied with "Dude, that's a great idea!!", as she pulled out her black and grey iPhone 5S. She typed in her passcode and opened the compass app, then suddenly realized that the app needed WIFI to use it. Obviously, she can't use WIFI, so, she would be using her cellar data. Then Evelyn sighed, which caught our attention and said , " I don't have service " then frowned and sat down.
Not that much longer I realized, we were surrounded by miles and miles of water and hundred of creatures. Surrounded.
//Ayanna🙄
Hey, sorry I feel like it was short. But it looks long to me cause I have a phone. But how do you like the book so far ?
This book was created 5/18/2016
Today
5/19/2016
View Count
11