Chapter 7: This Moment, We Own It

BEFORE YOU READ: The cast list is on this chapter! If you want to know what I picture the cast like then feel free to go to wattpad.com and take a look at the list! :) If they are not like you thought, then that's ok! Also, I'm looking for people to play Diamond and Ryder... Any suggestions could help! ;)

So there I was, looking in the mirror in the girls bathroom, while Sky was drawing Ray’s football number on my face in liquid eyeliner. His football number was 2.

“There! Perfection!” Sky said. “Ok, are you ready for this?” She asked, why was she questioning me when Sara and her are the ones who thought of this whole plan! Sure, I wanted revenge, but I’m not the kind of girl to do that.

“So, what do I have to do?” I asked.

“Just walk around wearing the jersey! It’s not THAT hard Jane! Make sure Jace sees you a couple times here and there, and then maybe cometothegametonight?” Sara said the last part quickly, hoping I didn’t hear it.

“Um… What?” I asked.

“Just this one game!” Sky pleaded.

“Really you guys?! Ugh!” I said. I looked at myself in the mirror. I have to admit, I looked good in Ray’s jersey. I couldn’t help but wonder what I would look like wearing Jace’s jersey. Ugh! I need to stop thinking about this! It’s just a stupid jersey!

“HAVE YOU GIRLS BEEN IN THERE LONG ENOUGH?!”  I heard Nate yell. Boys just don’t get that it takes us girls time to look this good! Sara unlocked the door and we all walked out.

“DAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!” Nate said. Most of the people in the hallway stopped to see what was yelling at.

“I knew you’d look good in my jersey, but I didn’t think you’d look this good in it.” Ray said as he put his arm around my shoulders. We started walking away from the girl’s bathroom when Evan came running up to the group.

“Good, you got her in the jersey. Jace is close to right behind me, so act normal.” He managed to breathe out. I looked at him with one eyebrow raised. “Okay, so as normal as you CAN act.” Right after he said that, Jace came up to the group.

“There you guys are. Wha-“ he started. Then he stopped, I didn’t notice that Sky and Sara had moved, giving Jace full sight of Ray’s jersey on my body and is arm around my shoulder. “I thought you were going to think about wearing MY jersey.” Jace spat out, having venom in his voice. What’s the big deal! It’s just a jersey! I swear he’s guy PMSing…

“I simply thought that you’d have that girl that you were sucking face with on Tuesday wear it.” I said with an evil grin and a shrug.

Everyone stood quiet. There were a few “oooo’s” that came from the guys, but that was it.

“We should go, wouldn’t want to be late for class now, would we?” I asked look at Sky. She just nodded yes, and we walked away.

*****

Throughout the day, I wore Ray’s jersey. Whenever I walked by, people would be whispering or something in that nature. I finally found out why wearing jerseys were such a big thing. Apparently, wearing a guys jersey meant that you were ‘theirs’. Me and Ray hardly knew each other, so that couldn’t be it, it also meant that you were pretty much required to go to the after party with that person if the team won. I knew they planned I go to the game, but I don’t know about an after party! Also, I felt Jace’s heated glare on me whenever I went past him, had a same class with him, even lunch! But if one thing was true, it was that, that one girl named Diamond was wearing Buddy Boy’s jersey.

Sara told us more about what you do at football games when you wear a guy’s jersey. Usually, we would just sit in the bleachers and cheer, but this game was important. It was against long time rivals the green knights, so since the ‘stupid seven’ and then another guy is starting, us girls have to be by their side when the announcer announces their names and walked out with them. I never have done well in front of crowds, but having most eyes on Ray will help.