Chapter 2

"What's wrong with me?" I said out laud as I sat on the edgeof the roof , my head rested against the railing, that was so close. How could I been so star struck, I knew him from child hood, I remembered we use to play heroes and villains, pirates and build cubbies, I remember the one cubby we built together in a tree in the woods past my house, we would have sleep over's and go camp out in our cubbies that we thought was magical. How has time changed, from a swanky runt of the school where I would protect him from the school bully for his money. Now he's a jerk I knew when he left and I watched his car drive away , that he and I would never be friends again.

The final bell rang and the students made their way out of the class room, I was still putting books in my back when three figures two on either side of my desk and one in the middle. I knew who they were before I lifted my gaze "Hello Marci, Clear, Darcy, how can I help you today?" I said zipping my bag up and looking upward. "don't try to be our friend cause you'll never be" Marci spoke she was the girls leader "like yeah, as if you would ever be cool like us" Clear the second want-a-be "yeah or pretty" Darcy said. I nodded "your right girls, I'll never be your friend, or be cool or pretty, but guess what?" I said. The girls all shrugged their shoulders looking at each other, I stood up from my desk and collected my bag and started to walk towards the door "I'll never be fake like the three brats, nor ever will be" I said over my shoulder walking out of the class room. Dumn bitches I thought to myself.

After school I walked out the car park towards my pick up and dumped my school bag inside the cab and collected my lacrosse bag closing my door, I felt someone watching me, locking my truck and looking around and walked to the oval for training but I couldn't see anyone.

Training was long and hard, being the lacrosse caption takes its tall, the team left and It was Tim and I left, Tim was the second caption, "do you really think we'll win the grad match tomorrow?" he asked as he walked with me as I picked up the cones "I believe we can. Everyone has been showing up to training and showing more and more skills every training and game, so yes, we can and will win that trophy" I said stopping in my tracks to look at him, Tim has been at my side since I created the team. He smiled at me "you're amazing Rabbit, you know the hole teams looks up to you" he said "I know I just don't won't to disappoint them" I carried on walking "you should go Tim it's getting late, and late I mean it's 5:30pm, and your mum wants you home early tonight remember" I said looking at my watch. "how did you know that?" he said gathering up his bag. "your mum called me this morning" I said smiling at him. He smiled back and took off running, and once again I was left alone collecting the reaming equipment.

I finally got home at 6:55pm I parked my track under the tree and got out. my house is the furthest out of town the house sits on a two acker property with a large driveway and backyard, but it's originally fifty ackers, but the other forty eight is covered in a forest, "man I'm bet, and I still need to go for my run" I dragged my bag towards my house. it was a small house, three bed room, two bathrooms, a kitchen dining room and a lounge room. It was painted a dark gray but over time the paint had peeled, it was over twenty years old, only my mother and I live her now, my father left us when I was only five. I walked up the three steps and opened the door, we don't really lock the house since were so far out and don't have any rich belongings. I dropped my bag nexted to the side table that's next to the door, dropping my keys in the key jar I looked up on the mirror that hanged over the table, mum had wrote on the mirror.