Prologue

"We are proud to tell you that we have accepted your appeal letter to New York University!" I squealed in excitement as my mom hugged me tightly. She praised me for my future decision to pursue my dreams in broadcast journalism. All my life this was something I wanted to do, and now I can finally do it.

"Honey, we need to celebrate!" My mother's name is Jean Phillips. She born and raised on the streets of Manila. Yes, my mom is Filipino. This explained her morena skin, meaning her glowing and flawless olive skin. I inherited a lot of her looks, including the skin color and her trademark long, black, wavy hair. "Your father would have been so proud."

My smile slowly turned into a frown after my mom said that line. I mean, it's not that I underestimate my dad for no reason at all. He was the one who left mom and I the moment I was born. Obviously my attitude towards him won't be that pleasant. "Sure." This was all I said to my mom who went to the kitchen to whip up some good food to serve.

Thinking about my dad always left me feeling restless. I mean, especially when he had a household name around the whole country.

My father was none other than the Italian Stallion himself.

Mister Rocky Balboa.