shifting is sooo much fun. Note sarcasm.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you" I faintly heard someone saying. I was somewhere that had snow in my dreams. My feet crunched against the soft white snow as I played with the blood red roses. I could faintly here someone talking in a far off place. "Happy birthday to you Serenity' someone gently grabbed my shoulder and shook me taking me away from the beautiful snowcapped mountains filled with roses.' I woke with a start. I rubbed the sleepiness off my eyes and tried to focus on what was in front of me. There in front of me stood my grandmother with a big chocolate cake with 16 candles blazing brightly. Yes I counted. She was singing happy birthday and by the time she finished I made a silent wish and blew the candles. They all went out in a single blow. My grandmother had a box wrapped in gift wrapping and ribbons. "Happy birthday my little Serenity" she hummed handing me the purple box. I opened it gently pulling away the wrapping carefully and gasped. Inside it stood a gleaming charm bracelet. On it were already three charms.

There was a silver wolfs head with black gems for its eyes, a black bat with red gems for its eyes and finally a triangle with an eye in the middle it's pupil a purple gem. I clasped it around my wrist, it was a perfect fit. Tears glistened in my eyes. "Thank you grandmamma this is the best present ever" I told her giving a massive bear hug. "We'll my Serenity you deserve the best" my grandmother whispered in my ear stroking my hair. "We must get going Serenity; we must leave this house immediately and go to the safe house I bought a while back in case something like this happened.

I quickly grabbed my suitcase I packed the night before while munching on some delicious chocolate mud cake. When I went out, there was already a taxi waiting and the taxi driver was hauling the luggage into the boot. I sniffed the air. He smelt weird like a wet dog. I could also see a soft yellow glare like an aura around him. I gave my suitcase quickly and went and sat in the back seat. It was an uncomfortable silence when I realized we stopped in the side of a road surrounded by trees." This is where we stop, thanks again driver." I heard my grandmother say "He replied back ok, with an unsure face as my grandmother paid and I got the luggage off. We didn't speak until he drove off. "Why are we in the middle of nowhere?" I asked my grandmother as she began to walk. "His a were wolf, couldn't you smell him, can't trust anyone now. Most were wolfs live in packs but they still have a day job"Oh" was my reply as I hastily ran up to catch up to my grandmother.

Damn her were wolf powers she's so fast even for her age. We quickly came to a clearing which had a few houses. We passed that and some shops until finally stopping. It was a nice place with an amazing view of the mountains. My grandmother soon came and stopped in front of a house and said "here it is." I was amazed. It wasn't a mansion or anything with 15 stories and 50 beds and 60 bathrooms. But it was at least 4-5 stories with a big garden and from where I was standing I could see a pool. It was massive compared to our old two story house.

I gave a low whistle "Whoa grandma, why such a big house for"? I asked excitedly walking up the door steps. I could already see the mischievous glint in her eyes. "There are loads of secret passageways and escape routes and some technology rooms filled with cameras etc. Also your parents were pretty loaded when it came to money, so I couldn't help myself. Just wait till you see your dad's secret garage a few minutes drive away from here. He left it for you, it has the most newest and sleekest cars. It'll help you as we'll. If you go in the popular crowd no one will suspect you. Plus most people with think the girl in the prophecy will keep a low profile so yeah.

"I let out a laugh sometimes my grandma can act like an older sister. "Can't wait to see the garage, maybe I can get a car to drive to school as I already got my green p's." "I'll take you around it tomorrow before you go to school" She told me ginning while unlocking the door. I gasped. It was already filled with furniture. It looked so expensive, yet so right. I ran to the long leather couch dropping my suitcase and flipping on the TV. 'This is the life" I yelled out to my grandma when a huge searing pain came from my lower rib cage. I let out a scream as I tumbled of the chair clutching my ribs. I faintly made out my grandma running in with a shocked expression before turning into worry. "Serenity you are starting your shift, unlike normal were wolfs you'll have three shifts as your part were wolf part vampire and part sorceress. Try and bare the pain please" She yelled out over my screams and she put me on all fours. It was by far the worst pain you will ever face. My bones cracked getting smaller, twisting and turning into different positions as my tears fell. White fur started to grow as my hands became grey then white and then finally large paws with razor sharp nails. The pain soon subsided as I lay in my wolf form before it all started reversing. The pain came back and I was turning back to human. I almost forgot the second shift. My eyesight got covered in red and black spots as I rubbed my eyes. So I was the girl in the prophecy, no denying that.