Chapter 2

School passed by rather quickly, with me floating on clouds and all. Plus, Ethan's hidden smiles and touches in the hallways helped a little. Although, he did look a little constipated when he smiled but whatever moving on.

I leave the school seconds after the bell ring and begin the short walk home. I get to my house and  I am relieved to see the driveway empty. Unlocking the door quickly I pray I have enough time to do what I'm about to do. I rush inside quickly and run into the kitchen. There, I proceed to steal every non-perishable item I can get my fingers on.

This phenomenon of being home alone rarely happens and I know I have to grab as much as I can before the sperm donor and his bitch return. I make two trips with the food items and lock myself in my room when I'm through.

Struggling slightly, I push the dresser in front of the door, preparing for the rampage that is bound to happen when the demons return home. Stealing food could cost me my life and almost did a couple of times, but alas it is a necessity and a risk I must take.

A few minutes after I secure my doorway, I hear a car pulling into the driveway. Looking out the window, I make sure it's really the inbred asses before  I rush into my built-in bathroom, shut the door, plug in my headphones, and wait. Not even 10 minutes later, I hear his footsteps rushing up the stairs on the way to my room no doubt.

"OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR YOU SHIT!!" His banging makes me jump a little.

"THINK YOU COULD STEAL MY FOOD FAGGOT? I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU WHEN I GET IN THERE!! FUCKING SAD EXCUSE FOR A MAN. I SHOULD'VE PULLED MY FUCKING DICK OUT IF I KNEW THE BITCH WOULD GIVE ME A..."

That's my cue to shove my earbuds in and turn my music up as loud as possible. While this is going on, I should probably give you guys an explanation to my horrendous living situation.

You see, I've known I was gay from the time I came out the womb twerking my fabulous ass off. When I was 15, I thought it wise to come out to my parents. Needless to say they were not as accepting as I had hoped.

"Mom, Dad, I gotta tell you guys something."

"Yeah? Spit it out." My dad was never very kind but he was tolerable enough to converse with at least.

"I...uh.I-I-I.....I'm Gay." Whoo! That felt good. I heard the slap before I felt it. My head recoiled to the side and before I had the chance to even process my mother hitting me for the first time, my dad's fist came out of nowhere. He jumped on me and proceed to whoop my ass, cursing my existence the entire time.

He nearly beat me to death that day and probably would've if my mother didn't have some sort of mercy. I had a few broken bones and swollen body parts by the time she stopped it. That year I missed more days of school that ever, recovering from my dad's frequent beatings, but overtime I learned to dodge and avoid.

I go to school before they wake up in the mornings and, if they are home when school's out, I sneak in through my window. Food is only acquired on the rare moments when I could steal it; thankfully the motherfuckers stay out my room unless my dad wants to beat my ass or I'll starve. And I'm way too sexy to die.

Well anyways back to the present. I pull my headphones out and listen for anymore banging. These things usually don't last long; the man's lazy. When I hear nothing, I open my bathroom door and crawl, yes crawl, into my bedroom to inspect the damage. My door has a couple more cracks in it but thankfully nothing that he could use to his advantage.

I'll have to go out through the window for a while until he gets bored of trying to get to me. Nothing I'm not used to already. I spend the rest of the night staring at the still barricaded door cautiously, munching on snacks, and thinking of Ethan till I fall asleep.

P.S. Alex above