twenty - two

"We have to talk." Niall looks at him confusingly before nodding, following Louis out of the office.

Niall and Louis walk alongside to the cafeteria. Niall has a lot of thoughts running in his head as to why Louis had to say they have to talk. He could just talk out of nowhere, he does it everywhere and sometimes at the most inappropriate time too, so why now?

Once they're both seated, Louis sighs heavily.

"What's this about Lou?" Niall asks, playing with the envelope that their principal just gave. Louis looked at it warily before looking at Niall.

"So, what are you planning? With the whole UniMelb thing." Louis nervously asks. Niall stares at him for a while before shaking his head.

"I'm not yet sure." Niall fiddles his envelope, not knowing there's another one at home waiting for him.

Louis sighs and looks around, looking for Harry. When he doesn't see him, he sighs in relief.

"Mate, we only have a few months left. This is what you wanted since we were 11. You have to finally make it right. You've planned your whole life ahead." Louis doesn't want him to go. Heck he even thought Niall would take University of Sydney so he doesn't understand why he also applied for UniMelb.

"Why are you telling me this?" Niall asks softly, not looking at Louis.

"I'm your best mate. Just telling you things you've stuck to and talked about before we finally face the fact that we will graduate. Remember what you always told me and yourself?"

Niall smiles and nods, "Yeah– yeah, of course I do." Niall grins and clutches his envelope.

"My dream came before anyone else did."

______________________

IM BACK

and still getting v nervous thinking about school bc idk i literally set my phone on airplane mode for a whole month bc i cried and panicked everytime someone messaged me or something idk do you do that too

but yes im back