Chapter 3

Dedicated to the person who I shared writer's block with. :D

Okay, I am so incredibly sorry it was sooo late. Forgive me. *bows down on the floor*. But you see writer's block is so hard to overcome and well.. I was just blank and I needed to go somewhere for like 3 days in total so I couldn't write then and well I'm just so sorry.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter that I took ages on. Next chapter won't really be action. Please comment, I'm begging you. I don't care if it's one word, just comment. Please and Thank you.

______________

Marcus's p.o.v.

My left shoulder hurts, a lot. 

There’s a sharp pain in my shoulder and every time to I tried to move my hand, it just get more painful. I could fight without using my left side and leave the pain to a minimum but if I don’t use that arm to fight, it will be obvious that it is hurting which would make more people aim for it which would cause me to use the arm anyway.

So I don’t have much of a choice. I’ll have to somehow use the arm, not continuously but enough to make it seem like it's not hurting.

Yeah, it may seem like I'm over-thinking it but if you have ever lived in this era, weakness leads to death.

That's just how things are.

Now back to reality, it’s me against 3 guys. I got 2 swords. This should usually be pretty easy if I wasn't injured but hey.. what’s done is done. No point thinking about it any longer. 

2 of the guys I'm fighting looks pretty young and when I fought them I could tell they wasn't use to bearing a sword, I finished them off quickly enough. But the last guy seemed to be pretty handy with the sword.

He was quick with his sword and with this injury I just couldn't keep up. My left arm is slowing me down, even more so than I thought. I need to end it quickly. 

He struck a blow to my left side; a shot of pain went through my left arm. I clenched my teeth like I was taught countless of times before.

I really do need to end this quickly.

 I was looking for an opening, even a small one could lead to his biggest mistake. I noticed his eyes flickered to something behind me and held there longer than necessary.

Someone is behind me.

 Shit.. How could I have not noticed earlier?

But first I have to deal with this guy. 

I have no choice. Time for drastic measures.

This will hurt incredibly but sacrifices are always made when you're a pirate.

I attacked him with the sword in my left hand using as much forced as I could muster. I felt a sharp pang at my shoulder. I ignored it to the best of my abilities. He blocked it just as I expected but I counter-attacked with the other sword before he could react. He fell. I didn't hit him hard enough for a major injury but just enough for him to be unconscious. Captain usually liked keeping guys like him.

I turned to the guy behind me.

Only to find him trying to kill me with a dagger. I escaped getting sliced by the dagger at the last second. It was the same man who threw the dagger to Xandra.

What's with him and daggers?

I felt the pain in my left shoulder engulf my arm completely. Every move I made with my arms hurt. I couldn't block anymore.

Bad timing too since he was aiming to stab me.

Shit.. I need to think of something fast.

Just then a dagger sliced the air and hit the man's wrist. 

He dropped the dagger and yelled in pain, grasping his wrist with his other hand. I turned towards the direction the dagger was thrown and saw Xandra all the way across the deck fighting the enemy captain.

She blocked the enemy captain’s overcut at the last second after throwing the dagger. She was off balanced because of that.

And I watched with terror as she fall of the deck.

"Xandra!" I yelled as I ran to where she once stood.

Xandra's p.o.v.

I fell off the ship.

The cut above my eye was bleeding fast. Head cuts always bleed a lot. I still got my 2 swords in my hands. And I was falling fast.

"Xandra!" I heard my name shouted by Marcus somewhere on the deck.

Good to know he's alive. Now, all I have to do is stop falling. I glanced at the swords in my hands and got an idea.

I struck the 2 swords into the ship's hull, putting all my energy and as much force as I could muster onto the swords which is quite hard since I’m falling.

The blades seemed to penetrate the wood and I stopped falling. I tried to get a foothold but I couldn't, the wood seems like it only recently got polished.

Damn my luck. So here I am hanging there at the edge of 2 swords to keep me from falling. I need to get back up with Marcus. I'll just have to do this without a foothold.

Now for the tricky bit.

I took out the sword the sword in my right hand and struck it down further up the hull. I did the same thing using the other sword. I repeated this until I reached the top. Without a foothold, I'll have to do this out of sheer power.

When I climbed back on the deck, I found Marcus fighting a few people.

I needed to help him out.

But before that, I untied the bandanna I always kept around neck for times like this. I tied it around my forehead covering the cut. Now I don't have to worry about my vision being block by my blood.

That's better.

I went to where Marcus was and helped him out. I took out most of them, limiting Marcus to as little movement as I could. 

We practically took out everyone, only the enemy captain was left. I forced Marcus to sit. I looked at him then looked at the wound on his shoulder. I can't imagine it not being painful. But he didn't need me to say it for him to sit out of the fight, instead he said:

"I'll leave you to handle him"

"I'll finish this quick" I replied as I turned to face the enemy captain.

"Let's get this over with" I said to the enemy captain "You have nowhere to run".

He looked around the deck, checking if there really was no escape. I could tell from his eyes that he was thinking something over. He was fidgeting, trying to weasel his way out of it. But alas he found none now and stick to his earlier plan.

"Then I give up. I'll go without a fight" he said.

Hmm.. I knew exactly what he was planning but for now, I have bigger things to attend to like Marcus's shoulder. I could tell after looking at Marcus that he knew what the guy was planning too. But then it’s not like you could change it.

So without further ado, we headed back to the ship.