She's a Keeper: Chapter Three

👑 Cynthia's Point of View 💘

- 2 months later, January 😛

I spent my after noon going to the nail shop and to get my hair done.

Once I finally got home I was drained. I took a nice hot shower and laid down.

I fell asleep at like nine.

**

It felt like as soon as I closed my eyes my mama woke me back up.

I looked over at my night stand and saw my phone ringing. It was KJ.

I knew this couldn't be good.

"Nooky get up." My mama said walking out my room.

"What's wrong?" I asked wiping my eyes.

"Calvin got shot." She said and it felt like my chest sunk in.

Something always happening.

I never get a break.

We both got dressed and went to the hospital.

The whole way there I prayed.

I hope nothing happens to him. He got a son and three daughters to raise. I hope and prayed that he would be ok. I can't lose him. They can't lose him.

The ride was quiet, I don't know if she was tired or just didn't have anything to talk about.

When we got to the hospital we seen all of my brothers and their mamas.

My 'dad' walked in behind us.

I was shocked to see everybody here.

We never see each other at the same time. Only people missing were Alejandra and Aurielle.

We all greeted and hugged each other.

Calvin girlfriend and his three baby mamas was here too.

I spoke to all of them.

None of them get along. They speak and keep it moving. At least they acknowledge each other's presence. It took a long time, but they're cordial with one another now.

"Hey baby." My daddy said when it was his turn to hug me.

"Hey." I said and hugged him back to be polite.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Good." I replied.

"That's good." He said and walked towards the rest of his other kids.

"Kj." I said walkin towards him.

He was sitting down away from everybody else with his face in his hands.

"Wassup?" He said lookin up at me after he rubbed his face.

"What happened?" I asked sitting in the seat next to him.

"We was sittin in his car. In front of his baby mama crib. It was me, him, and lil kayla. We had dropped his daughter off and he was about to take me and kayla to the crib. Then outta no where this nigga walked up the car and started shootin. The first shot bussed the window. He kept shootin. I mean all you hear is 'boom boom boom boom boom boom' loud as hell then I see the nigga hop in a car and ride off. This nigga shot my brother. Five fuckin times g. And my brother sitting there he still talkin. He like 'take care of my kids bro. Do it for me.' I'm like 'bro you gone be good, they gone be good'." KJ said reliving the moment.