New Friends

-------------Jakes P.O.V-----------
I really had hurt Xana's feelings. I mean, it's not like I intended to make the poor kid cry. I was just scared for her, ever since I lost Laina I had become so protective over her. The events that just took place made me realize that by acting this way wasn't helping her, I was doing more damage than I was good.

"She should be down any minute," my guests were getting restless, where the hell was Xana?!

"Xana! Let's go!" I shouted up the stairs. I ran my hand through my long, dark locks and let out a long breath.

"Coming" I heard a low voice mutter from the top of the stairs. I saw Xana step down the stairs, she made it all of the way down perfectly, but stumbled at the last step.

She nearly toppled over, but managed to save herself by grabbing on to my shirt. I caught her by her arm and held her up.

"Y'okay kiddo?" I said with a chuckle.

Her face turned a bright shade of red as she mumbled something I couldn't understand. She toyed with her hair and and played with her clothes, it revealed her nerves and embarrassment.

"Xana, this is Aloise, Ella's daughter. They're going to be staying with us for awhile," I said with a smile. Xana's face turned into a scowl, as she first glared at the smiling duo, then at me.

"Well....isn't that great?" she said through gritted teeth as she stormed back up to her room.