Chapter 7

They started doing line rushes and Jordie came over since he wasn't going yet. "Hey you." "Hey Jordie." "So you and Tyler?" He asked. "No Jordie." "No what?" "We are not having this conversation." "C'mon you can trust me." "No, there is nothing going on." "You're such a lier." Coach called him to go and Jamie and Tyler came over. "Was he annoying you?" "When doesn't he?" "That is actually very true." We all laughed and I put my head against Tyler. "What's wrong?" "Tired, frustrated." "With what?" "My knee." "You'll get through it." "I know." They got back to practicing and I texted Patrick. {Patty Cake!!!!!!////what up bug?////my knee hurts////so take Advil////I already did it doesn't work///how long are you out for?///12-14 months for it to heal and then another 1-3 months until I am playing again////so basically no junior year////yeah pretty much////you'll be bigger better and stronger when you come back though////if I come back////why do you say that?////my surgeon thinks me playing again is a long stretch.////then prove him wrong, you'll be fine////I'm gonna try, I'm not done yet}
I sat on the couch and Tyler's dog Marshall curled up in my lap and I cuddled with him. "Marsh quit stealing my girl." Ty whines walking in with Cash following behind him. "Aw Ty there's still room." I moved forward and Ty sat behind me and I curled into his side and he put a movie on. "Ty?" "Yes?" "You're comfy. You're fat makes a good pillow." "Well thanks. I'm glad I could be of assistance." I laughed lightly and kissed his chin because I didn't feel like moving. He kissed my head and played with my hair as the movie played on the big screen in front of us. When the movie finished. I looked at Tyler who was asleep. Marshall found his way to the floor so he was no longer on my lap. I moved myself so I was more comfortable and fell asleep.

 I moved myself so I was more comfortable and fell asleep

"Maddie? Mads? Wake up please." Ty said. "No." I sat up and started coughing. "You okay?" "Yeah." "I have practice so you gotta get up." "I don't wanna go, I can't do anything." "You okay staying here?" "Yeah I have school work to do." "Alright I'll grab your bag." He went to grab it and came back placing it next to me on the couch. "I'm heading out, I'll be back soon." "Okay bye Ty, have fun." "Always." He left and I closed my eyes for a few more minutes before starting my work.
TYLER'S POV
I got home after practice and went up to check on Maddie since she didn't seem great this morning. She wasn't downstairs so I checked the movie room and saw that she had fallen back asleep. I frowned since her cheeks looked flushed as well. She sat up and broke into a coughing fit and yelped in pain from her knee. I went over. "Ty." "I'm right here, what's wrong?" "Everything." "You gotta be specific." "My throat hurts and my knee hurts." "Alright I'll go get your medicine and some water just relax." I ran downstairs to get the stuff for her and she took and the medicine and small sips of water. I rubbed her back softly and she had another coughing fit. "Ugh make it stop." Maddie turned and put her head in my neck. "Relax you're okay. Everything they gave you in the hospital is probably wearing off, they gave you a lot so you wouldn't be in pain." "I don't feel good." "Close your eyes and get some sleep." "Please don't leave." "I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." After a little while her breathing evened out and I knew she was asleep. I kissed her forehead and sighed. She has definitely had a rough few days and you could tell it was taking a toll on her. But getting to know her the last week or so she is funny, sweet, and genuine, and it's scary to think but I'm falling for this girl and I'm terrified that she doesn't feel the same way.