Broken Arm [1]

B r o k e n   A r m  
Chapter 1

Ages :
| Alexis : 10 || Cole : 11 |

I was currently in the hospital getting my arm bandaged up because I  "accidentally" slipped on the stairs. And no. My friend Cole didn't do anything that caused me to fall, that'd be bad.

Sarcasm was clearly visible in that statement.

I was glaring at Cole the whole time, I "accidentally" slipped to the stairs that eventually led me into a broken arm phase. I didn't tell mom that Cole did it, if so, then I wouldn't get payback.

Bad move, yeah. Yeah.

Cole is Aunt Felicity's son, Aunt Felicity is mom's bestfriend since highschool, and Cole is our neighbor.

Which means... It's either me in Aunt's house or Cole in our house because mom and Aunt always hang out, which leaves us both alone with the maids. Dad is always traveling around the world so he can get more people to invest in our rising company. Cole is soon to be a heir or something and same as my older brother, Blake.

"What happened to your arm?" The nurse who wrapped up my arm asked, "I accidentally slipped and fell to the stairs." I replied sadly, "Oh. That happened to me once, and where's your parents?" She asks both of us, mom and Aunt weren't hanging out as if for today, they were busy because of their jobs, mom works as a fashion designer and Aunt– I'm not too sure.

"They're busy with work." Cole smiled politely to the nurse.

I was glaring at Cole, "Awww. Young love." When she said that, I instantly said, "Love? Nah. I actually hate him." I instantly regretted what I said. "What?" She asked, "Oh. Nothing. I was thinking about my bully, I hate him very much." I told her, looking at Cole.

He shrugs as the nurse does her own thing. Aunt Rochelle came back after that, she's our trusted maid. She's basically the head maid in our house. She's the only one who knows we both hate each other.

A few minutes later, I was finally dismissed from this clinic near our neighborhood. We were fetched by Cole's family's personal driver. We both sat at the back and Aunt Rochelle in front.

"You'll pay for this you know?" I told him.

"Yeah. But I wouldn't let you." He said in a teasing manner.

"Yeah. Yeah," I did a hand gesture.

After that, I just looked through the window and saw Gerard waving at me. I opened it and Waved backed at him, he clearly blushed.

Cole looks at me, "Awww! Baby Lexi has a crush!"

"I don't like him!" I felt blood rush up to my face.

He smirks, "But your cheeks don't say so."

I slapped him on the head using my right arm and it made a really loud sound which made Aunt Rochelle look at us. "What was that?" She asks, Cole groaned.

"I– uh. I– um–" I fake stuttered. Then continued, "–Saw a really big fly at the back of his head, tried to slap it, but then... It was just his head." I told her, she laughs along the driver.

We stopped in front of my parent's house and was greeted by my Mother, Madeline Dane. She quickly hugged me as soon as I got out of the car. "Are you okay, Honey?" She asks me. I nodded my head. "So what happened?"

"I- Uh..."

Flashback

|| 3rd Person Point Of View ||

"Man...she's so gonna fall for this." Cole smirked as he puts oil near the stair case. Cole had been bored recently, and he wanted to do something mischievous since he has done nothing bad since last month.

And Alexis had been teasing him for quite a while now. He wanted payback.

Don't you think that this is a little bit harsh? His conscience asks him.

He didn't mind, a little part of him is telling him that this is really bad, but keyword– a little.

He went downstairs slowly, so he wouldn't slip. He called Alexis, "Lexi! Yo' momma is here!" He called.

Alexis quickly bolted out of her room not knowing that there's oil on the ground. She immediately slips and falls down the stairs, good thing is, Cole stopped her from fully falling down the stairs. But that didn't change the fact that her arm is kind of broken.

Rochelle quickly brought Alexis to the nearest clinic to check if anything is broken.

On the way there, Cole murmured a quick "Sorry" to her, she just huffs then slaps him on the head, she used the broken arm. She groans, and holds her left arm tightly. Cole comforts her even though it was his fault.

Flashback end

I couldn't answer the question, that's a fact.

"It was my fau–" Cole started, but I interrupted him.

"I accidentally spilled some oil, then slipped. I'm sorry mom. It was my fault." I looked down. She pats my head, "It's okay, we all have those moments. Make sure to be careful next time, and I hope there's no next time." Mom hugs me. A few minutes later she told me and Cole to play at the backyard.

"Why did you tell her that?" He asks out of the blue.

"I don't know." I murmured.

"I'm sorry by the way, I didn't know this would get out of hand." He tells me.

"It's okay. Just tell me you wouldn't do that again." I looked at him in the eyes. He smirks,

"No promises."

"You're so going to get payback!" I was about to crossed my arms but then, my arms.

"We should make a challenge, where we need to prank each other. Harmless or nah. And if you lose, then you're going to do everything that the winner says for about a year or so."

"What do you mean by lose?"

"Losing. In the challenge, it means that when you've had enough. Just tell the person to stop doing pranks and all the teasing stuffs, you automatically lose." He explains. I nodded, and let out my right hand.

"Deal."

"Deal"

"But! It should be harmless, so no one would get something like this." I pointed my left arm.

He nods then shakes my hands.

Note :

Thank you guys for reading the first chapter! It's short, I know. But not to bad for a first chapter right?

Make sure to vote and comment, again– writing this book is pointless if no one's reading it.

Thank you guys, and then again, make sure to vote!

Buh-bye! ♥️