Chapter one

Aphmau's Pov

Irene, my head hurts. I managed to open my eyes despite my body screaming at me to go back to sleep. When they finally cracked open, I took in my surroundings. I was in a forest of some sort– it looked insanely familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I took a deep breath and winced at the pain that shot through my temple. Tentatively, I put my fingers to my pounding temple in hopes I could ease the pain- but more was revealed.

I felt like I was being shot through a ray of blinding light at 200 miles per hour. I gasped as I was thrown jnto some sort of premonition- a memory perhaps.

A beautiful woman with black hair and hazel eyes held something close to her– someone, matter of fact. It was a baby girl who was watching the lady quite intensely despite being an infant. "Hand her over, Irene." My eyes shot to the left where a man was holding what looked to be a sword at her, a threatening growl leaving his lips.

"No!" Irene cried out, clutching the baby tighter. "Y-you can't take her, she's not of age yet!"

The man rolled his eyes, annoyed. "You would've been long gone by tomorrow. Hand her over." He repeated, his lip curling into a sneer.

Irene looked down to the baby once more, her face morphing into regret. "I love you," she whispered, placing a loving kiss on the baby's forehead before placing her into the mans hands and leaving.

_____________________________________