7

As I sat in my car, I realized that I had nowhere to go, and I was basically homeless. I could've done the pathetic thing and crawled back to Brandon but I would've felt bad, after what just happened with Ethan. I sat in the parking lot of Trenton for god knows how long, just thinking. A banged my head on the steering wheel and rubbed a patch on my forehead. I drooped myself over the white leather wheel and watched as day turn to night time.

After I, finally, decided to leave, I drove into, what was now, darkness to my sisters house. She'd told me before that I could stay there and I should visit her more often.
-

"Hiya sis! Long time no see" Emily squealed as she drew me into a great hug. I giggled through her blouse as my face was being squished my her small hands. Emily was 25 and was my only sibling. We would fight a lot as kids, but before she left home, we'd become more like sisters should be. Telling each other everything, giggling about boys. She lived with her boyfriend George in a small two bedroom apartment down town.

I told her my situation, and being my sister.. She yelled at me, which of-course didn't help. She told me I had been childish and I'm far too young and naive to know that I loved Brandon. She also told me I shouldn't have trusted him, which, to be fair, was a valid point. Eventually she laid off and let me get some sleep in her guest bedroom. By sleep I mean lying awake for the whole night, my body not behaving like it usually did. Something was telling me to stay awake.
-
"So you're sure you can get me those records?" I stood at the front desk with my bag by my side, sat the floor. "Sure thing! You'll have to be taken up to room 7B to get them though." I nodded and picked up my bag. I heard the lady call over to Cotton, who was talking to a patient. She began walking over and her face lit up when she saw me. We greeted eachother and she lead me upstairs.

"I'll leave you to it doll." She smiled and exited quietly leaving the door open. I stood at a cabinet labeled "D" and began rummaging through the files to find any recorded conversations between Ethan and the therapist. "Got it!" I whispered to myself while I held up the beige file labeled "Dolan, Ethan" I scanned the pages closely.

Dr John:  "now Mr Dolan, I want you to answer this truthfully okay? Why did you kill those kids? Weren't they your friends?"

Patient: "I didn't."

Dr John: "now, I said truthfully. You were seen by many witness-"

Patient: "He framed me. He was always jealous of me."

Dr John: "and who is 'he' "

Patient: " Grayson. He-he killed them. Every single one of them."

"Nicole?" I heard the familiar voice call to me through the door. I panic media and whipped my body around while hiding the file behind my back. "What're you doing in here?" He walked in, making sure no one else was in the room. "What're YOU doing here?" I said, turning the blame on him. He walked closer to me and I slowly inched back until my nack was against the cabinet. He towered over me like a giant. My breathing quickened. "Show me." He said kindly, but with a tone of anger. I stuttered "I-uh.." Before I could finish my sentence, he took it from my hand and read the papers. He scrambled around the papers with disbelief. "What are you doing with these?" He said with cold eyes. I didn't respond, I didn't know how to. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THESE?!" He yelled, his voice booming and filling the room. I felt a thick lump in my throat and tears begin to form in my eyes. His face softened and he grabbed my small body and brought me into a hug. I began sobbing. "Nicole, why are you crying?" He whispered and rubbed my back. I could barley breathe. "He hurt me." Ethan was silent for a few moments, "what?"
"He-" I gulped "raped me, when I was 16. Yelling reminds me of the way he was that night." I said, attempting to conceal my tears.

Ethan sat on a table. He didn't seem upset, he didn't seem anything. I can still remember how quickly his eyes changed from love to nothing.

-
TENSE AF
I HATE THIS CHAPTER EW ITS SO CLICHÉ..
PEACE🤘🏼