Chapter 3

Marilyns Pov

Ryland finally came home and he seemed distant, like he was lost in thought.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked him curiously.

"Nothing, just some stuff on my mind" he coldly answered.

"Everything go okay at the pack meeting?" I asked concerned. This was unusual behavior for him.

"Yeah everything went fine don't worry. I just feel a little off today. But I'm sure that all will change now that I can spend the day lounging around with my gorgeous woman" he said smiling sounding more like his old self. He pulled us both down into the sofa behind us and I landed on top of him giggling.

"I am so lucky to have you. You're all I need in life" he said placing a kiss on my forehead and making my heart melt.

"Awww you're so sweet. I'm lucky to have you too. I don't where I would be without you" I told him sincerely.

"You won't have to worry about where you would be without me ever again because you will never leave my side. I will always protect you" I took my hands and brought his face closer to mine so I could kiss him.

"I love you Ryland" I told him breathless.

"Not as much as I love you Marilyn"

Destiny's POV

I tried so hard to let things go, forget what I saw and how much it hurt but I couldn't. I had been living with this pain for a while now and I knew in my heart I would never be over it.

Flashback

I was from the Westwood Territory and I was visiting one of my cousins who lived a few hours away in the Lake Moss Territory. I rarely got the chance to visit her and my aunt.

My cousin's name was Haley and we were inseparable when we were younger. Her Dad had died a few years ago and my aunt was lucky enough to get a second chance mate. When she met him and he won her over they moved so she could be with him. I was a little sad at first but happy for my aunt. Richard was a great guy who loved her more than anything.

They were happy to see me. We laughed just enjoying each others company. Everything was fine until we went out to eat.

We pulled up to the new looking expensive restaurant. I couldn't help but admire its beauty. Soon as I stepped out the car my wolf felt agitated. I tried calming her down but it didn't seem to work so I pushed her to the back of my mind and ignored her.

We stood in line waiting since we didn't have reservations. When I looked behind me I immediately knew why she was acting the way she was, our mate was here.

I saw a man and a woman laughing and talking together. I only saw the back of his head but I knew he was mine. The woman was smiling at him and they seemed so happy.

"Wow Ryland this place is gorgeous and really expensive. Are you sure?"

I heard the woman say to him. Call me nosy, stalkerish if you want but this was my mate. I could tell by the way he tensed up his wolf sensed my presence too so I hide myself from view listening to their conversation. He seemed to try to shake the feeling probably shutting his wolf out and just continued to smile and focus his attention on the girl. Luckily I was wearing heavy perfume and there were lots of people to cover up my scent so it wasn't so overwhelming that his wolf would take control. I needed to know what I was up against before I made myself known.

"Of course. Anything for you" he replied. Damn his voice was sexy.

"But you didn't have to" she started before he cut her off.