Chapter 5

{Lois}

My whole night was filled with horrible dreams. Here is how it started: I was in my room drawing when my trainer burst in and pointed a gun at me. Her name was Alex. She had a scare under her left eye. She shot the gun and I dived on to my bed and it floated to the top of my room. There was a giant window there. I could see a million tiny stars outside. I kicked through the window and climbed onto the roof. A bullet shot past my head. I turned to see it was now Chase shooting at me. There was another boy too. He had black hair and was lying a few feat away. Blood pooled around him. Hazel was standing over him, tears in her eyes. I tried using my powers but they wouldn't work. "You can't run, Lois." Chase said he walked over to me. I looked into his grey eyes that were silver in the moonlight. And he pushed me off the building.

I woke up feeling a sharp pain in my side. I looked up at my bed and realized I must have actually fallen. I felt Sparky licking me. I thought it would be best if Sparky stayed with me, and he didn't seem to mind.

Today was the first day of training for all the new kids. I went over to my dresser and found a package inside. I opened it up and found tight black shorts made out of a stretchy material, a black tank top, and a leather jacket that made me look awesome. And there were some grey Nike shoes in the closet. I put my hair into a high pony tail and laced them up. I go to open the door, but it won't open. I try shaking the handle and pulling on it but it won't budge. I get mad and take a step back. Then I kick the door blowing it off its hinges and sending it flying into the hall way.

I picked it up and put it against the doorway so nobody would notice it was broken. Then I headed off to training.

We started off by my trainer Alex teaching me a bit of self defence and fighting skills. Then she got me to do simple things like make to rain a little inside, which let me tell you, was a horrible idea. I couldn't stop it, and then she started yelling at me which only made it rain harder. When I finally got it to stop raining, she decided it was best that we practiced outside from now on, and I wasn't complaining. I hadn't been outside in what felt like forever!

"Ok Lois, I really want you to focus." Alex told me. "Just try to make the wind pick up a little." I closed my eyes and focused. When I opened my eyes, the fall leaves were blowing like crazy all around me. Alex was looking at me with wide eyes. "Stop it!!! STOP!" Alex was yelling at me. "I can't!"

"Well try harder! What is the problem? CONTROL THIS!!!"

"Shut up SHUT UP!" I yelled. I was getting madder and the storm was now going crazy. In the distance I saw a something unbelievable. A twister. I was creating a twister. Then I saw a girl run towards us. She had she had green eyes that were wide with fright. Then a boy ran out of the forest. I stared in shock. It was the same one from my dream. He stared at me with the same shock. Then everything stopped. The twister was gone.

"What the hell was that! You can not control this!" Alex looked furious.

"Look I can if you just-"

"No you can't! What just happened-that twister should not be possible. There is something seriously wrong with you." In the distance thunder rumbled. Her eyes got wide and she backed away from me. She turned and ran not even getting the kids that were in the forest in trouble. The boy looked deep in thought and the girl looked annoyed. "You just ruined everything!" She screeched. "Ugh!!" She stormed away. The boy was still looking at me. "Ok do you want an autograph or something? Stop staring at me!" I said. He snapped out of it. "Sorry" he mumbled.

"Look. Mrs Mercer doesn't like kids who can't control their powers ok? So you need to be more careful. If I were you, I would get away now." He walked back towards the house. Oh he did not just say that and walk away. I turned and ran after him.