Chapter 1

You know how people say that you can feel when something bad is about to happen? Well that's not true. Something very bad happened to me and I never saw- or felt- it coming.

----------------------------------------------

I woke up at 7:12, just like always. I ate an apple and two pieces of toast for breakfast. I got to work at 7:27, as usual. My day had started just as it always had.
  After a perfectly normal day, I decided to go to the mall. It had been a while and I just felt like going.
  I was looking around in a clothing store. Deciding not to buy anything, I headed out.
  Suddenly, an arm looped around my waist. I turned, startled, and found myself looking at the face of a Norse god. Or at least that's how attractive he was. He had perfect green eyes to compliment his blonde hair. I would later meet a few Norse gods that put that man to shame.
  Anyway, he smiled. "Hello, my dear," he said in a silky voice.
  "I, um, hi?" I was so awkward. Still am.
  He stopped walking and pushed me up against a wall. Majorly confused, I tried to escape.
  "Um, I kinda have a meeting and I need to go..." I said in a feeble attempt to leave.
  He just shook his head and leaned in closer to me. Instead of kissing me, as I thought he was going to, he whispered in my ear.
  "Hail, HYDRA."
  I was so confused. "Wai-" I was cut off by the man shoving a needle into my neck and injecting me with something.
  All I remember next is darkness.

----------------------------------------------

  I woke up in a white room. I was in white clothes. The bed sheets were white. Everything was white.
  I noticed something was off. I touched my head. My long brown hair was braided down my back. I wiped my had across my cheek. It had makeup on it. I don't wear makeup.
  I noticed a mirror one one of the walls. I also noticed that there wasn't a door.
  I approached the mirror. I studied my reflection. I was in a knee length white dress. It was more of a hospital gown than a dress. I also had a full face of makeup. My green eyes somehow looked greener. I was very confused.
  "What is going on?" I whispered.
  "That's a fine question. One that will take a while to answer," replied a male voice.
  I spun around. A man had appeared in the white room. He was dressed in a black suit. He had dark hair and green eyes. His eyes looked just like mine. He was attractive, but he looked older than me. Five years maybe.
"Now if you will come with me, Lillian," the man said.
"How do you know my name?" I demanded.
  The man laughed. "I'm the one who picked it out! Lillian. Such a pretty name. Come with me and all we become clear."
  I hesitated. I didn't trust this man. But I felt like if I stayed here bad things would happen. I wanted to know what was going on. But I wouldn't get answers in a room with no doors.
  I held out my hand. "I will come with you."
  The man grinned and took my hand. And once again, all I remember, is darkness.