chapter 3

Haeni woke up with a start. She just had a bad dream about the diary and Mr. Stewarts. It was 2: 18 in her clock. Her room was dark, except the moonlight that peeked from her window. Suddenly, soft breeze blew into her room and comforted Haeni somehow.She went out the window to see the little shining stars laid out in a black background of sky.The night was soothing.. she shouldn't be upset with a nightmare right now, she thought. Somehow, the thought of the dream made her restless..... she just couldn't enjoy the calm atmosphere of the night . It was so uncanny...with that uncanny feeling in her mind, she went back to sleep.

*

Next day was even weirder for Haeni. May j wont pick up Haeni's or Sam's call, nor any texts. Haeni called up Sam and they both agreed to meet at her house and check up on May j. When Haeni and Sam reached May 's house, they saw the last thing they wanted to see. Ambulances, police cars, and lots of trouble. Haeni saw that May j's mom was crying while some inspectors where interviewing her..They both went over. "Oh Haeni ! "May j 's mom exclaimed when she saw both of them. "Did you see or talk to May j after school yesterday?" May j's dad asked Sam. "No sir, we tried to call her , but she wont pick up her phone, so we thought of checking on her, but what happened? what is all this? "Sam sounded worried. Haeni also wanted the answer, but somehow, deep inside she knew something had gone terribly wrong ." May j dissappeared last night. Yesterday afternoon, when she came home, she looked tensed and frustrated over some diary, and this morning, she was gone and so was the diary." Haeni just hoped it was not that weird diary that she had handed out to Mr. Stewarts. But, however she couldn't see how it couldn't be that specific diary. Mr. Stewarts well knew that May j was her best friend. She pulled Sam away from the group and told him what she suspected.
"do you really think all of this is because of the stupid diary?" Sam asked ." I don't want to believe it either, but I am pretty convinced". "So? what are you planning to do now?" " we need to get to Mr. Stewarts ASAP " ." Are you sure ? "Sam asked once again. "Offcourse. You dumb, can't you see ? That day after I talked to Mr. Stewarts, I Left it there, in the class. Mr.stewarts knew about it. And now May 's gone ." Sam nodded. As he started the car, I wondered what is going to happen next .................