Chapter 1

Our story will start from the beginning. Ofcourse, it does. Everything starts from the beginning, right? Well, anyway just call me Mr. Narrator. The story will start when the characters were still in their high school years. That is in June of 2005, when they were in their third year of high school.

It is the sixth of june, the start of a new school year. For Diane it is her third year in high school, and two more years she'll be out of this place for good. She always dreamed of studying college in a bigger city--living independently. She wanted to have her own condo, a car, and away from watchful eyes of every people. She wants to be anonymous. She will soon have them all. That's the condition her parents gave her in exchange for good grades and that she will someday work in their family's business. Well, that's not a problem since she is studious and smart enough to do that. And ever since as a child it is her dream to work in their chain of Supermarkets. But, before she takes her life seriously she wants to enjoy the best 4 years of her life-- her College life. Her life is all planned out. She knows what she wants. 

Her father is the Mayor of Ipil City. A small but a fast-growing city, where it's economy relies heavily on agriculture. Everyday, she has to look perfect because its people expected her to be so. For those people, they are the picture of a 'PERFECT FAMILY'. It's a 'NO WONDER' why she wants to be out of this place for good. Well, nobody's perfect that's why she hates the kind of life she has.

In Ipil Royale High School, the most prestigious school in the province of Zamboanga Sibugay, she is the Queen. She doesn't like to be one but because of her social status, it is her obligation to satisfy the students. It is the culture of the school for the students to elect a Queen, and the queen must choose his King. In her case she was by default made queen. But, she haven't had a King, eversince.  Her reason was that she hasn't find the one fit to be his King. Actually, that's partly true but the real reason is that she find love stupid. Her King has to be her boyfriend. And relationships, for her, are a headache.  Since she is a Turabin the students let her be without a King.