Section 3

Jack threw me the pack, I lit it and tossed it through the snowy crate doors. I could hear the Insanity soldiers shout and approach the C4 pack. I peeked through the hole in the door, and waited to give Alex and Sarah, who were right outside, about 75 yards from the doors, in a nice and warm van, lighting up marijuana and chugging vodka, (the lucky addicts), the cue. The soldiers, decked out in their white-out winter gear, inspected the bag, and just as the soldier was gonna shout to get out of the way, I signaled Alex. The C4 completely demolished the grunts, sending them flying. Some larger sparks had flown over to the Insanities' trucks, catching on them.

"Okay Bash, it's your turn," Alex said through our (stolen) earpieces.

"If I don't cause at least one explosion today, I will be very disappointed." Bash grunted, right before he barged through the crate doors, shooting up whatever soldiers were left after the big C4 boom. I heard a few more explosions, trusting that it was simply Bash hitting a few more extra point targets...AKA, those trucks.

It had been one year, seven months, two weeks, five days and 11 hours since that black cat led us into a mysterious, and yet rewarding bar-cellar. Our team came together on that day, and we hadn't split ever since. We were tight as family.

Currently, however, that family was both in and causing trouble.

"Follow Bash into the hallway to your left, out of the Insanity hangar. There should be a door marked 'J217'. It is the door for the Insanity Com and Tech System," Alex crackled into my ear, "Insert the microdrive I gave you into the computer system cleverly marked 'Tech and Plans.' These people have no imagination, Sarah."

"I know, right?" Sarah said. I could literally hear the weed smoke coming out of her mouth right then.

I followed Alex's directions and found the door.

"Okay, I'm at your location, are there any guards in there?" I asked him.

"Uhhhhh let me check," he said, "Umm yes, but only one, plus a scientist. Breach the door in three, two..."

I busted the door open, grabbed my silenced PK5000 (I upgraded it) and shot the guard, then shanked him up in the solar plexus area. I pointed my PK at the scientist and handed him the micro drive.

"Go to the Tech and Plans computer. Make it work!!" I shouted at the scared scientist.

He obeyed, and went to the computer, uploading everything on it. The tech screen read 7%, slowly loading up. I calculated, and I realized this would take past our ETE (Estimated Time of Execution).

"Alex, this is gonna take a while, can you figure how many guards we will have to fend off?" I raged into the earpiece.

"Umm, Alex is kinda busy at the moment, but I can handle this," Sarah said, coming on to the set.

"Err...you've got about five guys on you," she said, "but Bash's location says otherwise."

I heard gunfire from all sides of me, and I expected to see Bash outside the door, but instead I saw Alex, hip-firing with two of his old favorite Smith & Wesson Schofield pistols in his hands. He was having fun, so I turned my head back to the screen, but something caught my eye.

A single barrel Remington. In the hands of the scientist. I quickly took cover behind one of the desks, and drew my Borz from my small backpack. I only had one clip left, due to our past raid, and my forgetfulness to not fill the bag with a couple new magazines. But it would have to make due.

"You have this one chance, my friend," the scientist said in a thick Turkish accent, "this one chance to get out of the way of our Empire."

"Consider this a pass!" I shouted back.

I jumped up, Borz firing wildly. I nailed the Turkish Scientist in the chest, and he fell too quick for his shot to hit me. The ceiling took a nice dent from a shotgun slug.

I looked back up at the screen, which now read 100%, and took out the micro drive. Alex peeked in the room, nodded, and off we went, back to the van. At the crate doors, we met back up with Jack and Bash, who had already taken care of the rest of the soldiers.