Chapter 10

Mika's plane had reached its destination before Reika's. He waited impatiently for hers, excited to see her. They hadn't seen each other for days and he feared she was killed in battle. He shook his head, erasing these thought. She will be fine, he assured himself but the fear was still there. Reika was quite strong for a vampire and very skillful with a sword, her precision imbeccable. She wouldn't die that easily in battle.

Soon enough, their plane landed. He watched people get off, his worry increasing as he didn't find her immediately. But then his eyes brightened as he saw her, one of the last ones to get off. She was arguing with Ferid as she walked off the plane, her face scrunched up in anger. Mika couldn't make out what they were yelling about but thought it was best to keep his distance, knowing how Reika was when it came to having a big temper.

Her eyes widened as she spotted Mika. Completely forgetting about what she was angry about, she ran towards him, a huge grin on her face. She ran into his outstretched arms and he twirled her around, making her giggle.

"You didn't die!" she exclaimed, Mika rolling his eyes at her greeting. He replied back with fake enthusiasm, "You didn't die either!"

"Come on, lovebirds. Get a move on, Krul is requesting everyone's presence," Ferid smiled, shoving between the two, his voice laced with a little annoyance.

The two glanced at each other before following the noble. For some odd reason, Reika felt as if she was forgetting something. Something incredibly important. Or someone.

Naoki!

She stopped dead in her tracks, her eyes wide in horror. How could she forget about him!? She turned to run away to find him but her arm was grabbed by a certain noble.

"Let go," she hissed, tugging on his iron tight grip.

"The Queen gave me specific orders to guide the two of you," Ferid stated before throwing her over his shoulder. She screamed and beat his back with her fists, her vampire strength not even making him flinch.

"Hey, what on earth do you think you're doing!?" Mika growled.

The noble nodded towards his guards. Two vampires men grabbed Mika by the arms, dragging him as they walked to the auditorium. He kicked and struggled but to no avail. He almost escaped but four more guards appeared and took hold of him.

"Put me down! I need to find Nao!" She yelled, her anger flaring like a wild fire.

"One more hour can't hurt your precious little toy," the noble said happily, his lips tugging into a smile, finding her being annoyed amusing.

"Why does Krul want us specifically?" Mika demanded, throwing his captor and glare.

"If I knew I wouldn't tell you~" Ferid said songily.

Reika stopped struggling, hanging limp over his shoulder. Worry was growing in her. Questions were building in her mind about Naoki's well being. She hoped that he was alright and silently told him it won't be long before they reunite once again.

They pushed the double doors open, vampires already inside. Ferid put her down, sending her an apologetic smile. She scoffed and flipped her hair in dismissal, taking a seat with a childish huff. Mika sat beside her, eyeing the stage where the Queen sat. Her eyes shone with evilness. He knew something was wrong.

"I am happy to say that we have won most battle against the Japanese Imperial Demon Army 'till now! But the wretched humans are getting dangerously close to our number of victories, almost succeeding us!" the Queen's servant said dramatically into the microphone. "But now, it is finally time! Now, is the real battle! The first major battle will take place! We will engage battle with their best army. We will win! And claim victory in many battles to come!"