Chapter 10: Mutual Past Time

Someone rang the doorbell outside Bongbong's house. He went out to check on it discovering that it was a package from Leni.

He felt clueless of what it might contain, he went inside and sat at the living room to open it up.

It was a box, he opened it up and checked on its contents piece by piece only realizing that it was everything that he had gave to her since day one. Starting from the shirts and dresses, little notes and letters up until to the tiny box that caused his heart to shatter.

He took the small box and gazed at it with his thumb gently stroking it as he recalled the day he proposed to her, the day he saw her smile so bright because of him, the day she said yes to become his future wife. It pains him to think that it was all gone and now that she returned the ring back, he knew she no longer wants to marry him anymore. It was all over.

He felt so much regret for losing her. He never loved anyone as much as he loved her. She was the only girl who understood his weird likes, his bizarre hobbies, the only girl who appreciated his odd habits and accepted everything about him flaws and all. She was the only girl who sincerely listened to his stories even if it doesn't really make sense. She was the only woman who made him feel like it's okay to be weird and it's okay to be yourself. She was the only girl that didn't love him for his wealth and power but for who he is, quirks and all. She was the girl he never thought existed, the only girl that taught him how to love and how to be loved back.

But he just broke her heart.

Leni decided to visit the cancer kids haven in Pasig to spend her time with and to deliver her donations. The nuns and medical team at the lobby happily welcomed her in.

"Hello ma'am Leni."
"Hello,"

They greeted her warmly. "Hello, sorry po ngayon lang nakabisita ulit, medyo nagkaproblema lang po kase. Alam niyo na..." She apologized. "Nako, okay lang mam Leni, namiss kayo ng mga bata." The nun replied; aware of the issue she got into with Bongbong who used to visit with her before.

Leni headed to the children, they all ran to her for a hug. They went to the playground, she sat at the elevation under the tree as she watched the children play, it brought back her sanity. Suddenly, her favorite child from the haven walked close to her.

"Hello mama," she greeted her. "Hello, baby Sophie." She hugged her tightly, "Nasaan po si papa?" She asked looking for Bongbong, she used to be their favorite child that's why she started calling them her mama and papa. "Busy si papa mo e... Hindi siya nakasama." She faked a smile at her as she stroked her hair back to her ear.

"Sayang naman po, dinrawing ko po kayo ni papa." She happily handed her the drawing she made. Leni felt so touched to see the child draw her and Bongbong together. "Wow... Ang galing galing naman ni baby Sophie." She complimented her. "Alam mo pag-laki mo magiging magaling kang artist." She fascinated her, Sophie hugged her happily. "I missed you mama!" She cheered, "Sana bumisita rin si papa ulit para makita niya drawing ko." She followed with enthusiasm.

The nuns at the lobby was having a little chit chat when Bongbong suddenly entered and greeted them. Some of them felt a bit troubled after realizing that Leni is still at the playground with the kids.

"Hello sister, hello sister, hello." He greeted them all. "Hello senator Marcos. Napadaan kayo?" They greeted him.

"Opo sister. Namiss ko lang yung mga bata." He happily replied. "Nasa playground po sila." The new assistant informed and guided him to the playground.

He looked around the playground appreciating the view of the children happily playing until he suddenly saw Leni sitting under the tree with Sophie. His world seemed to stop upon seeing her again.