Day one

❌Paige Morley❌

"Paige! wake up you're going to be late" I heard my mom yell from downstairs.

"I'm up" I groan as I get out of bed. Today's my first day of senior year at Princeton High School. I just moved here this summer from New York. I'm kinda nervous.

"Do you want breakfast?" My mom asked as I walked into the kitchen.

"Nah I'm good, thanks though. I love you I'll see you later" I say grabbing my backpack and keys.

"Love you too have a great day" She says running and giving me a hug.

When I got to the school, my jaw dropped I've never seen the school and honestly it looked amazing, so big! I couldn't wait to walk in. I parked my car, grabbed my bag and headed inside. As soon as I walked in there were a bunch of people, many around my age. I looked for the office, went down every hallway. As I turned the corner I was looking down at my phone....

*WOOSH*

"Hey what was that for?" I said now laying in the ground holding my head.

"I'm sorry I didn't see you there, are you okay?" He asked trying to help me.

"I'm fine." I said sitting up.

"Do you want me to help you?" He asked watching me pick up my papers.

"No I'm fine." I said madder than ever.

"You new here? I haven't seen you around" He asked me.

"Yeah.. I just moved here from New York." I said.

"Oh awesome! I lived there a couple years ago! My names Matthew Grey!" He said helping me up.

Matthew Grey I said in my mind over and over again, where have I heard that name before? I looked at him.

"Oh my gosh..." I said with my mouth hanging open.

"is something wrong?" He looked at me weird.

"MATTHEW!" I said giving him a hug.

"Yeah that's me.." He said laughing in a weird way. Does he not remember me? I thought to myself.

"Matthew, It's Paige. Paige Morley!" I said looking at him.

he looked confused for a second then his eyes brightened up and he smiled from ear to ear.

"OH MY GOSH! Paige!!!!" he said giving me the tightest hug ever.

"Matthew, I've missed you so much" I said embracing his hug. Matthew was my neighbor since we were little, we used to hangout everyday all day. My mom would watch him while his mom worked. He was my childhood crush, until he moved freshman year. And damn I never lost feelings for this kid.

"Paige, it's so nice to have you back, there's so much I have to tell you. Maybe I could come over sometime?" he said smiling at me.

"Yeah that'd be great!" I said giving him yet another hug.

***RING***RING***

"Well that's my Que. I'll see you at lunch or something" he said walking away.

"Yeah see you then" I said smiling. That day went by pretty fast, Matthew and I met up at lunch talked and planned to hangout Saturday. It was like he never left I still felt butterflies when I a\talked to him and I just felt I could sit and talk to him for hours. I'm so happy he's back in my life! It's been 3 years since I've seen the kid and boy has he gotten hotter!

After I got home I walked through the doors.

"How was your day honey?" My mother asked.

"It was good, um you remember Matthew Grey.. Right?" I asked her.

"Of course how could I not, you two were inseparable as kids." She smiles at me.

"Well I guess when he moved a few years ago, he moved here. and He goes to Princeton too!" I said jumping up and down.

"That's great dear. Invite him over sometime I'd like to see him and his mother" She said walking to the kitchen.

"About that, I invited him over Saturday.. Is that okay?" I said following her.

"Yes that's perfect I'll make dinner and everything!" She said.

That night Matthew and I talked on the phone for an hour or so.

Matthew: So you like it here?

Paige: Yeah it's okay I guess.

Matthew: Okay you guess? He said. It better be better than okay! I'm here!

Paige: Haha yeah I guess that's pretty great.

*Beep*Beep*

Paige: What's that?

Matthew: It's my girlfriend, I gotta go I'll talk to you tomorrow. Goodnight!

Paige: Oh...Goodnight.

After he hung up.. My heart dropped. I sank into deep thought, not knowing what to say or do. I knew I couldn't do anything, I mean I do know I haven't seen him in what? Three years. So I sorta understand.