Round 2~ Help isn't Coming

Explosions from the many shotguns being fired rang through the building. Groups of people I knew were filling this undead enemy with lead all around me. An arm hit me in the back of the head, and I reached over to help whoever it was back up. I turned around and realized this was not one of my friends, but the severed arm of one of the walking dead, who recently fell to the ground lifeless once again. "The way she should be" I mused to Tony, who warned me in time to duck, as he sent another shot through the chest of a zombie who got a little too close.

     I nodded my thanks and chimney climbed my way up  the second story wall with the help of a pillar. I quickly put down a shotgun and two bags of ammo, and sent a bullet into the head of a zombie sneaking up behind Tony. This new vantage point was pretty effective.

    "Second time" dead bodies piled up and seemed to disappear the longer the fight went on. As I picked off close calls with a bullet in the spine, I observed the scene before me much closer.

  A group of girls were taking turns shooting incoming zombies and reloading their pistols. Another group of people were using a mixture of shovels and bats to knock down the enemy. Strange fluids flying allover the place, and blood from our allys being shed. 

     Mr. L came through a group of zombies that surrounded the gurly men, with a chainsaw and white mask. I could tell he had fun doing what he was doing. Even though he looked like a madman doing it. But in the time of a battle against the undead, he would be the person you'd appreciate having around.

  I jumped down from my post, taking a shotgun and a pouch of ammo with me, and landing on a female zombie, stopping her in her tracks. I quickly turned around, wielding the butt of my gun to snap the neck of another zombie running in my direction. 

     The attack seemed to be thinning out, so I decided to grab some medical shots we were told to give people who've been attacked by zombies and had blood drawn, and put them to use.

     I almost tripped over Kenny as he reached for my ankle, a large bite taken out from between his neck and shoulder.

"Angela, save me-" before he could say anymore, I jabbed a syringe into his arm, and injected a clear fluid which seemed to somewhat ease the pain. 

"Your shoulder's fine" I stated, and had Meghan drag him into the back trailer of a riding lawnmower. 

     Only 5 were injured out of our 25 fighters, no fatalities. Thanks to our medical supply that seems to be stashed in every other store, we finished round two of the attacks successfully. The smell of the undead however, was pretty discusting. But it seemed to fade as daylight shone in through the windows. With sunlight comes rest, sleep, and a time of healing for those injured during the previous night's battle. 

     Allison seemed to brighten up with the sun too. Her auburn hair in a braid down her back, and a 12 gauge shotgun at her side at all times. She and Meghan attended to the injured, which consisted of Jenna, Preet, Lorena, Malachy, and Kenny. All of whom we set aside in a special area where they wouldn't be disturbed, and we were all to help at some point . But because of the Medical shots given to them soon after injury, they'd be ready to fight the next round at sunset.

"Stupid thing got my leg" Jenna fretted, holding her chin in her fists, hunched over a bowl of noodle soup. The gash in her leg being wrapped up by Allison with a shirt from a pile of collected clothes from nearby stores. 

"Physically, you're probably screwed when it comes to walking, but the disease couldn't survive that medication." Meghan breathed, as she helped wrap Jenna's leg, Then moved on to cleaning scratches on Preet's face.

     I decided to sleep while I could, leaving the others to tend to the injured. The results of today brought my hopes up a little too high, because now I was daring to think about what could happen if we survived this outbreak.

A hero of war.

That's what I'll be, and when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me.

I quickly dismissed the thought though, knowing what happened to the rest of the world, we are doomed to end up just like the rest of the world. 

Dead.

     The adults were listening to the radio, so I listened in. Apparently all of India has been brought down durastically in population. Along with Australia, and several countries in Europe. Not to mention entire ecosystems destroyed completely in nuclear bombings. Who knew it would come down to this? Are we next? Considering all of California must be abandonned by now, they'll probably leave our area alone.

They don't know we're still here, meaning help isn't coming.

I pull my head under my sleeping bag, overwhelmed with crying from the people I look up to and love. 

"Just close your eyes and pretend its all a bad dream" I tell myself, as sleep overcomes me.