[1] wild

i looked down from my balcony, and saw the blurry street lights and the broken alcohol bottles. a tunnel of music echoed in my ears from a distance. it was an interesting sight to look at. i reached out for my leather jacket, putting it on whilst bolting down the stairs. the sharp wind cut deep into my face, sending cold shivers down my spine. my heart was beating with excitement and fear creating a swirl of pain in my chest and irritant butterflies in my stomach. there was no reason to be nervous. i'm just exploring one of the dangerous neighbourhoods, considering i now live here. sickly smoke invaded my nostrils, the uncomfortable scent lingering and roaming my nose. in attempt of warming myself up, i jogged around, eager to find a café as I could feel my eyelids closing by every passing minute.

after crashing into many trash cans and tripping over many tree branches, my unclear vision managed to spot a small café. i relaxed a little once observing that there was now quite a few public places around, including a police station in case of anything unusual or horrendous happening. i winced at the bright lights coming from the café, before entering and walking up to the counter, ignoring a burning stare from, a quite frankly, terrifying boy whos eyes pierced into my soul.

i waited patiently for my coffee, shifting uncomfortably as i could feel the stares. why was everyone looking at me? was it obvious i was scared? is it clear that i'm new here? my mind became a chaotic hurricane of worries and thoughts. i was broken out of my trance when someone tapped me on the shoulder, causing me to immediately spin round.

"your coffee has been there for a while, might wanna drink before it gets cold."

i was able to feel my cheeks burn scarlet, he gave me a smile causing me to melt inside. i grabbed my coffee and headed out in the direction of the door. i stopped in my tracks once i felt a hand on my shoulder. "i'm connor, by the way. see you around, pretty boy."

authors note;
i hope you liked it the first chapter of my new fanfiction! the chapters will be shorter to link up easier!

- tasfia
(goldenfranta on ig)