Chapter 1

We won- again! We can’t help ourselves from winning we’re just too good. I don’t mean to brag or anything, no- not at all. Winning is actually starting to get to me though; everything’s becoming predictable in my eyes, which is more of a bad thing than good.  I do want something new in my life- maybe a new team, perhaps a new team member or perhaps a female friend for once. Jayden is my best friend.  Jayden is a boy. He has to be one of the best people I’ve ever met in my 16 years of living. I’ve known him for 5 years now; he’s like a brother to me. I grew up with him since I’ve moved to the city that never sleeps, New York City. I miss living in Italy, everybody loved soccer! Not to mention that half of my cousins live there! Ugh, life’s not fair. I used to walk out and see bright alleyways filled with children playing soccer. Now, if I take a single step out of my house all I see are business people, thugs, criminals and excessively obese people.

I promised my mum that I’d be home before noon. I pull my phone out of my backpack and check the time. It’s 11.56am. I start sprinting like I won’t see tomorrow. Keep running, keep running, I say to myself. As I ring the doorbell, little Thomas opens the door.

‘Oh, it’s just Lara.’ He giggles trying to pull a straight face.

‘Grow up, Thomas!’ I respond while striking his honey coloured hair.

Thomas is 11, turning twelve in a week or so. He started year 7 this year, Thomas has down syndrome and attends a disability school named Helinda. He has thick golden hair and crystal blue eyes. I love him. He too is obsessed with soccer, just like me.

‘Lara, how was your game honey?’ My mother yells while flipping over her pancakes.

‘Perfect. We won, 3-1! Oh, and guess who scored the 3-‘

 ‘You did, obviously.’ says Thomas with a huge lack of enthusiasm.

‘Oh, I’m so proud of you Lara!’ My mother grabs my face and slobbers it with a loving kiss.

‘Now, help me prepare lunch!’ She says.

'Yes, muuuum.'

'Come on, get a move on!' She exclaimed while flipping pancakes.

Several minutes later, my older brother Adrian ran down the stairs. Adrian is in year 11, he's one year older than me and he goes to a public school- same as me. He is pretty much your typical jock. Adrian has scraggy blonde hair, exceptional green eyes and a smooth tan. Not to mention that he is 6 feet tall! Adrian quickly grabbed a pancake and ran out with his soccer ball. 'Bye mum, love ya!' He said while stuffing one whole pancake into his mouth. The door slammed as I started to pour orange juice for myself.

Later on, another brother of mine was taking his sweet time in his bath robe strolling down the stairs.

'Good morning,' He said while rubbing his eyes.

'More like good 1.30, Michael!' I exagerrated.

'Oh, sor-ry Lara! Goodafternoon! He said while imitating my voice.

MIchael is completely opposite in comparison with Adrian. He is studying his bachelor of arts and willing to study architecture. He is a straight A student. Michael is down to Earth and a warm hearted brother. He has honey blonde hair, hazel eyes and pale skin. Also, Michael is probably the biggest fashion freak you will ever meet. Latest Louis Vutton shoes, pants, tees - you name it! He kills me with his fashion 'do's' and 'don'ts'.

'Mum, where's Malcolm?' He questions with no worries at all.

'God knows,' I mumble.

Malcolm is your trypical party animal. Drugs, alcohol and girls- what else could he ask for? Only Michael and I know about his marijuana addiction, he needs to stop smoking before he gets schizophrenia or something.

Damn, I'm tired. I end my day by taking a short nap which then turned into a good nights sleep and yet there was no sign of Malcolm.