An old friend

Jade POV
I finished my conversation with Mari and decided to go take a long shower so I could process my thoughts. I stripped out of my clothes and started the shower.

I stepped into the shower and I felt the hot water hit my body as I was consumed by my thoughts. My feelings for her are real but my anger always gets the best of me. I never meant to hurt her but she needs to understand that my past is what made me how I am today. And I don't think I will ever change.

I got out the shower and put on a shirt and some shorts and got in bed. I laid in bed thinking about getting to see my baby tomorrow. I got cold and put the cover over myself and slowly drifted off to sleep with thoughts of Mari on my mind.

The Next Day

I got up pretty early so I could go out to get Mari a few gifts. After spending almost two hours in the store I decided to get her a huge teddy bear, flowers, and three pairs of Nike Elite socks. I got out the store and went next door to get us some pizza. I was waiting for them to finish making my order when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well hey there stranger." she said as I stood up to face her. "What do you want?" I asked harshly.

"Well I just want to apologize for the shit I put you through. I thought I'd never see or hear from you again so I guess I should apologize now." she said. "Okay apology accepted."
"We cool now?" she asked. "We could never be cool after all the bullshit you put me through. Look, I appreciate that you finally put your pride aside and apologize after a year, but it's too late. You had your chance, and you ruined it." I stated as I walked away to go get my food.
I was walking out the door when she grabbed my arm. "I know what I did was fucked up, I know I hurt you, but can we please start over." She said while giving me a piece of paper.  I pulled out of her grip and walked to my car. I sat in the drivers seat and looked at the paper. It has her number written on it. I knew deep down inside I still had feelings for her, but I could never be with her again. I placed the paper in the compartment next to me and drove to Mari's place.