Chapter 8: Tell Me More About You

Tell Me More About You

A/N: I actually feel a bit proud of this chapter. And I'm so close to 50 votes (barely). I know it's not really an accomplishment, but you know. I'm poor.

Now on with the story.

"I'm fat. I'm fat. I'm fat," I repeat, as I lay lazily on the couch.

     "Opal, can you shut up? You're not fat," Nathan says, sitting beside my fat body, as he eats a bag of chips.

     "You want some?" He asks, handing me the bag in his hands.

     "Did you not hear me?" I ask. "Do you want my body to explode?"

     "I'll take that as a no," he says, continuing to eat. "Do you want to do something? You've been laying here for about an hour, now."

     "Because my butt hurts, dumbass," I groan. "How about you try jumping off your roof?"

     "Nah, I'm good," he replies.

     We start hearing little footsteps traveling down the stairs. "Nathan?" asks a soft voice.

     "We're in the living room, Ella," Nathan calls out.

      Ella slowly walks into the living room, rubbing her eyes. "Where's Derek?" she asks tiredly.

     "They already left," I reply.

     "Oh," she replies, as she climbs onto the couch to take a seat next to her brother.

     "Did you have a nice nap," he asks.

     She nods her head slowly in reply, with a tired smile on her face.

     "Good," her brother replies with a smile.

     ~

     Both of us walk out into the quiet night. I lay in the grass of the backyard, as Nathan takes a space beside me. "I wish we could see the stars," I say softly.

     "Yea," he agrees, gazing up at the empty night sky.

     My fingers played with the grass, as I tried my best to look for a star above.

     "Wanna play a game?" He asks. I turn to look at him beside me.

     "Sure," I reply.

     "I ask a question about you. You ask a question about me."

     My face scrunches up in confusion. "And how is this a game?"

     "I don't know. Just go with it," he says.

     "Okay.. Favorite color?" I ask.

     "Maroon."

     "Oh, cool," I say.

     "Thanks. Okay, my turn.. How many boyfriends did you have in your whole life?"