Chapter two: The mines

Ishti winced as the energy whip came down on his back to wake him up. The purple whip was as unique as it's owner, Soma. Soma was the type of Zygerrian who would go insane for a moment and then suddenly become serious. Soma grunted "Get up you little weakling. We are here."
Ishti looked out a small window on the transport and groaned. The transport was on Correlia. Soma yelled " Now listen up you scum! You will all be working in the mines."
Ishti groaned again, but was nudged by the person next to him to stay silent. He turned and saw a elderly man. He grimaced at the brutality of the slavers and waited for the ride to end.

. . .

Ishti wiped sweat off of his forehead. As he noticed the overseer approaching, he quickly resumed his work with the pickaxe. In the middle of his stroke, the bell sounded. He grinned and rushed to the bunks. Once he was there, he settled into the bunk and added another tally onto the ceiling. It had been one year since he had been dropped here. He smiled and resolved to work even harder on the tunnel that night. Later that night, he rounded up the group that he was working with to dig to the hanger. There was a rodian named Kral, a chiss named Bown and a older Twi lek named Al, who was the de facto leader. That night, the group almost broke through. There was only a one foot layer of crumbly rock between them and the hanger. That day, Ishti grabbed his pick and knocked out the guard before he knew what was coming. He nodded to Al, who got on a crate and called for attention. " Alright all you globs! Listen up! Today, we are getting out! My crew and I have almost broken through the hanger wall! If we move now, we can get through and steal a transport! But, there is a bit of risk. If we don't succeed, we will be tortured and killed. Now, anyone who doesn't want to come, step over there."
Only one man moved. " ALRIGHT LETS GO"
yelled Al. The whole mob picked up picks and shovels and surged towards the wall. A few men started to break through the wall while the rest of the mob took care of the guards. But, right then a alarm rang. " Who alerted them?" Ishti wondered out loud. As if to answer his question, the man who had stepped away stepped around a corner with Soma and his boys behind him. He grinned and yelled" There they are! Now, can I have my reward?" Soma chuckled and whipped him to the ground. "There is your reward you little traitor to your kind."
He then charged towards the mob. By then the men had broken through the wall. Ishti ran through and looked back. He saw Al, Kral and Bown get struck down. He yelled in grief and picked up an energy whip that had been on the floor. He charged with it but was halted by another man, who dragged him onto the transport. He fought to go avenge the men he had known but was knocked out by a pipe from behind. The last thing he heard before blacking out was " Sorry kid, but it is for your own good."