Chapter 1, The Beginning

Umbreon started out as a normal, well, sort of normal, Eevee. Born in the wild, it had a white miscoloristion, being a shiny. The Eevee never knew its parents, due to they where chased off by Team Rocket. The Eevee struggled to survive, find food, and hide from the dangers that lurked in the forest. The Eevee was scared of all Pokémon, even the smallest of Caterpie. Then soon came a horrid storm, the Eevee had no protection, no shelter to take refuge in. The Eevee walked around, slowly, the wind and rain blasting her face, she said aloud, using her unnatural ability to talk, "I-I... need to find.... cave..." Her ears where blowing behind her, her own tail swaying in the wind, her fur drenching wet from the fast falling raindrops.

After walking for a hour, the Eevee found herself in a clearing, a cave  on the very end of it. The leaves on the trees swayed, and shook, as thunder roared behind the noise. The Eevee ran as fast as she could to the cave, panting and she heard the rain hit the top of the cave overhead. She shivered, frizzing cold water dripping off her fur. She heard a screech coming from the darkness of the cave, as she looked, she saw red eyes glowing in the darkness, as her ears folded back, backing out of the cave cowardly, as a Spearow flew at her, using peck, she jumped back, then turning, and running as fast as she could away from the Spearow. Thunder roared, as she ran, crying of fear as a horde of Spearow flew after her.

The Eevee tripped over a rock, falling onto a dirt road. She then covered her eyes, and put her ears down, as the spearow rapidly attacked her using peck. She whimpered, as she bared the pain of the attackers. A  few minutes of the pain, a voice called out over the trees swayed more, the storm only getting worse by the minute. The voice seemed more clear for the Eevee to hear, it calling out, "LEAVE!" the attacks stopped, the spearow looking at a young trainer wearing a yellow raincoat, with a charmander by his side. The Eevee jumped up, and backed away, her scratches preventing her from stepping straight, only falling on the ground after the two steps. the spearow attacked the trainer, his charmander blasting a massive flamethrower at them.

The spearow flew off, scared by the bright and sudden light. The Eevee lied on the ground, nearly fainted due to the barrage of attacks. She was soon picked up by the trainer, and rushed to the Pokémon center, as the storm raged as powerful as a dragonite. The Eevee opened her eyes, to find herself in a strange machine, yet she was getting better by the minute. she heard voices outside,of the trainer and nurse joy. "Is it going to be okay?"  The trainer said, looking at the white Eevee. Nurse joy replied, with a smile on her face, "She is going to be fine, just needs to warm up a bit more." The trainer nods, as he asked with a small tilt in his head, "Why is it white? aren't Eevees supposed to be brown?" Nurse joy replied, looking at the Eevee, "Its a shiny, very rare indeed." The trainer nods, as he watched the Eevee heal.

Nurse joy soon took the Eevee out, she was shivering in fear, it had never seen, nor met a human before. she was handed to the trainer, as he sat down on a couch in the lobby, as a fire was lit in the fireplace, trainers talking with each other.  the trainer sat the Eevee on his lap, stroking her fur lightly. She still scared half to death, shivering, looking at the trainers face, as he looked down at her, with his sapphire blue eyes. he said  as he held her in front of his face,  "Its alright, your safe, my name is Red." she tilted her head, her ears flopping to the side, as she spoke aloud to him, "R-red?"  Red gasped, as he put her down, "Y-You can talk?! The Eevee got up and said, with a tilt in her head, "T-talk...? I'm speaking my language...."  Reds eyes widened in surprise, saying, "I-I mean, your supposed to say Eevee... and stuff along those lines." A strike of thunder shook the building like an earthquake, causing a blackout in the building. the Eevee screamed in fear, jumping into Reds arms.

Red chuckled and said with a grin while holding the Eevee, "Little scared of thunder are we?" Eevee snuggled to his chest, shaking in fear. Red smiled and said, "Come on, lets go to our room..." He carried the Eevee into their room, and slept for the rest of the night.