Printer Ink

"Come on now, you can do this. You studied this job, this job exactly, for years. You. Can. Do. This." I said to myself, getting a few weird looks in the process. I didn't care though. This is my first day, no squinted eyes or scowls can stop me. I opened the door to Ricky Lynn's Finger Lickin' Yogurt corporate offices. I took in a deep breath and filled my lungs with air that smelled like printer ink. The lobby was filled with important looking men and women in business suits filling up the sitting area. In front of me there was a large, silver circular desk with a posh looking secretary behind it. 

"Excuse me, I'm new here and-" 

"To your left, up the elevator, and listen for Justin Timberlake."

"Um, okay?" I said and went on my way. I turned left and went up the elevator as instructed, but I was still trying to figure out what Justin Timberlake meant. Was he actually here? Or did she say something else and I just misheard? My doubts were crushed though, when the elevator doors opened. The office folk were surrounding a desk clapping, laughing, and not working. On top of the desk was a man dancing and singing. He had to have been in his late twenties or early thirties. He is pretty handsome, but his singing could use some work.

"I be on my suit and tie, suit and tie, I be on my suit and tie. Yes, I know, wrong lyrics! I cleaned it up for the new girl." He said while pointing to me. I blushed and gave an insecure wave. The man jumped off the table and straightened his tie. "I'm Evan Werkheiser, CEO, and you?"

"Wait, you're the CEO?" I blurted out. He chuckled.

"Yes, yes, I know. It's hard to believe that someone this handsome can run a company this big and still look as young as the day he came here." He said with a cheesy grin. I could already tell that he was going to be a piece of work.

"No, um, I mean I...My name is Quinn, Quinn Sanders."

"It's very nice to meet you, I can tell already that you are very simpatico."

"Using your word of the day calender I see." A pretty woman in a charcoal blazer and matching pencil skirt said in a flirty tone.

"Everyday, whether I want to or not." He said with a wink.

"What can I say, I enjoy being in the company of smart men." She said with a flirtatious giggle. 

"Then you will enjoy beginning the meeting with the Kleighman group." He said while sifting through files in a cart. 

"Not them again!"

"They're our best investors."

"You always rope me into these meetings."

"I'm a busy man!"

"Why don't you make her do it?" The woman said pointing to me. I must have looked like a deer in the headlights because she smirked a little too.

"Outstanding idea, Lydia! I'll escort you Ms. Sanders, it is Miss right?" He said. Lydia scoffed. I think she wanted to have Mr. Werkheiser all to herself.

"Um yeah Miss is right. Are you sure I'm ready for this meeting? I haven't even stepped foot into my office yet."

"No, I can tell. You're ready." He said and handed me a file. He grabbed my hand and led me to the conference room. Inside were the men I saw in the lobby. They looked rather impatient. Mr. Werkheiser gave me a reassuring grin. 'Well here I go. First career making, or breaking, decision. You can do this' I thought to myself. I exhaled and began the meeting.