Chapter 1 (Secrets.)

It was morning. Romano laid in his bed fast asleep. Sleeping soundly. He got woken by his alarm set on his phone. He groaned. But quickly turned it off to not wake his crush. (Spain) It was 6 am. The time he'd usually get up at to give Spain a little secret peck on the cheek while he slept. He loved watching Spain sleep soundly. But also felt bad. He was always soo bad. He always made fun of Spain....He didn't mean it. But what do you expect from the grumpy Italian?

Romano quietly opened Spains bedroom door and walked in, tip toeing in. He then sat on the bed beside the sleeping Spain. Spain was sleeping with one hand clutching onto his pillow and the other clutching onto his blanket. Romano smiled. He then cuddled Spain and kissed his cheek, then left the room and made his way into his own room again to get ready for school. He was downstairs now. Listening to Spain's alarm go off at about 7 am. He let out a sigh then sat like he usually did, showing no respect though he did respect Spain from the bottom of his heart.

Spain walked into the kitchen, his hair all messy as he stretched and rubbed his eyes.
"Morning Mano..." he said.
"Morning tomato bastard..." he mumbled. "Want breakfast?"
Spain chuckled.
"Since when are you so nice?" He said while giggling now.
"Shut it!" He snapped back. "Idiot"
"Okay,okay sorry Mano...." he replied with a groan.

Spain then began to make breakfast for himself and Romano. He looked tired. Romano got up to help him then sat back down. In fear of suspicion. He then began to drown in his thoughts. What if Spain dated someone before he had a chance to ask? What if he got rejected if he asked? What then? What next? When?

Spain noticed the worry in his face and how annoyed he looked. Not the usual annoyed....different...
"Mano?....you alright?" The concerned Spain said. Romano jumped.
"Y-yeah I'm-a fine..." he said as Spain sat beside him and wrapped an arm around him.
"Mano...If something's wrong....tell me...okay?..." he said softly.
"Yeah,yeah," Romano replied.
"Alright. Well, I'll go get dressed..." he smiled then left.

Romano sat in silence. Poking his food with his fork. He then quickly moved the plate away and put his shoes on. He then sat on the bottom step and waited for Spain. Spain then walked down and looked at Romano a bit puzzled. Romano wouldn't usually wait for him. He would usually just leave. He knew something was up. But he also knew that the Italian never opened up with his issues...He then walked passed Romano and put his own bag on.
"Mano, why haven't you left?" He smiled.
"I didn't want to..." he rolled his eyes then opened the door and walked out. Spain watched his walk a bit ahead of him. Romano would usually run ahead. As far away as possible from Spain. He then began to scan his body. He then realised his hands were shaky and how his curl was all weird and zig zaggy. He thought....had Romano done something bad?! Was he getting hurt behind his back?! What was wrong? Did he do something?!

They then got to school. Romano stood, leaning against his locker. Spain then stood beside Romano.
"Mano?....tell me....what is it?..." he said gently. "You can trust me..."
"What are-a you talking about?" He sneered. Spain sighed then walked off.

It soon hit 10 am as the bell rang. It was time for lunch. Everyone rushed to the canteen to get seats with their friends. Romano was in no rush. He never sat with anyone. He sat on the floor. He hoped Spain would notice. But he never did. Spain was always with Prussia and France...The BTT.... He was distracted... but today, Spain was watching Romanos every move secretly. He wanted to know what was up. He was worried about Romano... what if he was hurt?...

Spain sat with the BTT. But still focused on Romano. Romano sat on the floor. Spain looked at Romano in shock. Why was he sitting there? He could sit with Italy and Germany followed by Japan....why did he choose to be lonely?....This made Spain feel an ache inside his heart. He walked up to Romano.
"Mano...." he said softly. Romano looked up with cute, innocent, shaky eyes. Spain smiled.
"Do you want to sit with me, Prussia and France?" He smiled. Romano looked at their table then back at Spain.
"But there's only enough space for three...." he groaned.
"I know....you can sit on my lap can't you?"
Romano smiled slightly but nodded.
"No...you can sit...This is my spot..."
Spain melted inside. It was so cute...his own spot...It was adorable.
"Okay Mano....whatever you say..." he walked away, blushing in his thoughts. Romano smiled. Spain noticed him...In school....why?....wait....was Spain upset? Was he lonely? He panicked.

Romano sat. Thinking. Then saw Hungary skipping towards him. He hated her...she always mocked him! And...she read Romano's diary! All his feelings for Spain! She knew!
"Hello." She smirked evilly.
"H-...hi..." Romano backed away as much as he could against the wall.

Spain listened to what was going on.

Hungary then grabbed Romano by his school jumper and pulled at him.
"You better give me that lunch money or I'll tell Spain!" She laughed.
"Take it!" He held out his money to Hungary with shaky hands.

Spain sat. Trying to stay calm. But he couldn't! He had to do something! Romano did nothing! And what could Romano possibly be hiding from Spain?...He was innocent....
"Stop!" Spain growled. "Give him the money back!"
"Fine..." Hungary handed back the money to Romano then turned to Spain. "I guess I have to tell you Romano's little....secret..." she chuckled then turned to Romano and whispered to scare Romano. "He'll beat you! Beat you so so much! You'll be bleeding!" Romano yelped in fear then started shaking. Hungary then dragged Spain into the hall and told him about everything in Romano's diary. Even the secret kisses on the cheek. Spain melted more inside but didn't show it. He then walked up to Romano with a straight face. Romano instantly covered himself with his arms from fear of Hungary's words being true.

"D-...don't hurt-a me Spain! I'm sorry!" He weeps. Spain then turns to Hungary and glares at her then turns back to Romano.
"Mano....I wouldn't do that..."