Chapter 1: new school, new friends

this is my first story so try not to judge

I was new to this school. my last school just wasn't right for me. I wasn't bullied or anything but I still didn't have friends. I just stayed alone in the library when I didn't have class reading romance books. see those were my favorite. I hope one day I'll have the perfect relationship like the ones in these books.

I've never been popular. guys have never been interested. I've always been known as the girl with blonde hair and abnormally large glasses. I like my glasses. but no one cares what I think.

I heard someone yell from the other end of the counter "Laura! grande vanilla bean frap and a tall passion tea lemonade!" I work at Starbucks you see. to earn a little money. after school I take the city bus to work and work till 6. I needed to. my mom could never support me and my siblings alone.

but back to the point. I changed schools to try to see if it would be better and not to mention the art program at this new school was much better apparently.

it was my first day. I'm turning 17 soon. three weeks to be exact. that's not important. the first part of the day was boring. meeting your teachers and the usual. but after lunch came art. I took visual arts because I'm not very good at acting.

this really nice girl named Zoya made my day. she was the first one to actually talk to me. she introduced herself and we talked for the rest of the class. she happened to be in my biology class too. we seemed to almost connect. it was odd. but I liked her company.

I told her about how I liked arts but I also had a thing for science. I was hoping I would work in the medical industry but I really liked photography and writing. So I don't know yet but I have time right?

Zoya is beautiful. I'm surprised she's not the most popular girl in school. Her red hair is absolutely stunning and her eyes are piercing! She's tall but not too tall and she's just a really cool girl.

The bus ride home was boring. I just listened to music and kept to myself.

When I get home I go online like the typical teenager I am. I wasn't completely nerdy. Checking Facebook to find zoya and become her friend. I sent a request and then went on to tumblr. I love tumblr! It's photography! Then I result to my diary. Yes I have a diary. I write how I think my time at this school will be better then my other school and I write about zoya. I didn't have homework and today was my night off from my job at Starbucks. I hope tomorrow will be as good as today.

I was wrong.

So wrong that it worries me. I arrived to my biology class and zoya completely ignored me. I don't know what I did to make her do that!

Thankfully I met someone else. A guy. I know how surprising that is to hear! His name is Tom. He just sits beside me in the class. Our desks are paired in pairs of 2. Were both new to the school. Tom is very attractive. His blonde hair effortlessly messy and it looks great. His blue eyes are just so full of emotion and he has perfect skin. But Tom is just a friend. I promise.