Chapter 4

Shion's POV

As soon as I heard Nezumi's voice I turned my head. I let go of Safu and waved him over.

"What are you doing here," I chirped.

I saw him point to Safu. "What is she doing here."

"Oh," I laughed. "That would make sense to explain."

"You think, you airhead? I thought she was dead."

"I was," she said. "After you sang for her, Elyurias was feeling rather kind. She decided to give back the life that was stolen from me."

"I...see?"

"It may be hard to get used to. I'm just glad to be here." I saw her glance in my direction.

"I see it didn't take you long to get used to it," Nezumi said to me.

"Well, she's alive, and that's all I care about!" I told him and then I remembered. "Oh! That reminds me. Why are you here, Nezumi? It's not like you to be walking around in the park."

"I was looking for you, idiot!"

"Why is that?" I felt slightly embarrassed and flattered for him to go out of his way to see me.

"Well," he looked over at Safu, but ignored her presence. "I thought you'd be upset."

"Huh? Why?" Then I thought about it for a second. "I wasn't really that angry at you last night. I was just embarrassed because of my mom."

"It's not that," he said and averted his eyes. "Your mom said you left in a hurry this morning without saying anything."

"Oh," I said. "That's because I got a message saying to meet someone here. It's was in Safu's handwriting, so I couldn't believe it."

"She also told me you were sleeping on the couch."

I grew flustered at the thought. "You kicked me out of the bed five times last night. On the last time you even got out of bed and stole the blankets off me!" I decided to leave out the part where I ran into the door upon exiting.

"Did I really? I don't remember that at all."

"Well it happened. See, I even have a bruise!" I lifted up my sleeve to reveal a large purple splotch.

For a little while after that we started bickering. He refused to accept that he gets carried away in his sleep.

Soon, though, we got interrupted by a small voice, "You sleep in the same bed?"

We instantly grew quiet and shared a look. This was probably not the best place to talk about this. Luckily Nezumi saved me.

"Oh, Shion. The other reason I came was to tell you that your mother needed help with the bakery. You know how busy it gets on weekends."

Before Safu could respond, Nezumi started chauffeuring me away. I quickly turned back and waved goodbye. I mouthed the word 'Sorry' before turning back around and leaving with Nezumi.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Is this even interesting? Even if it isn't good enough for me to continue, I still probably will.

Bye, bye!

5-27-16