Clairsentience

I was in my room researching ghosts when I heard my mother call me. " Irine come with me!" I knew what I was supposed to do. My mother was back and ready to take me to work with her. Ever since I got the 3 day suspension from school which was not my fault my mom had taken me to work with her. She thought that I couldn't take care of myself. I wanted to scream but instead I took a deep breath and slowly began to walk downstairs. The floor creaked as I walked and slowly I made it to the front door. My mom stared at me and said " Irine are you exited to go from house to house?" I used to actually like it. But that was the first 2 houses. Now going along with my mother while she advertised worn down small houses infested with mice didn't appeal to me. I know I sound like a single interest teen but I like researching ghosts and paranormal stuff. I know you may be thinking but Irine, you know that old houses your mom goes to should have stuff like that so going to work with you mom should be your dream job but, I have never encountered anything. Since my mom is a single mom raising 2 kids she can't afford anything. We have a house and food and we can occasionally get clothes but that is all. My baby sister Amoca is at daycare. As I jumped into the car I sat down and started to think about the several types of ghosts. My mother was giving me a headache by humming. When we got there I hoped there would be air conditioning. It was the middle of the summer and my dark hair and fairly dark skin didn't help with the heat. I got out of the car and ran through the houses yard and to the door. My mom walked out after me and knocked on the door. A old woman opened it and said " Come in!" My mom rushed past me and walked inside and started to take notes. Then I sat down bored in one of the living room chairs staring into space. I had nothing to do. I didn't have anything to entertain myself with. I started to play with some random object on the table when the door bell rang. A young lady then walked in and looked at my mom and I knew she would be the person looking at the house. My mom introduced herself to the lady and then walked off. The lady followed her up the stairs and I was alone. The living room was so hot that got a bad headache. I was thinking of falling asleep when I felt the temperature suddenly drop. I looked around and didn't see anything but suddenly I felt a weirdly cold presence pass by me. For some reason I could feel the essence of the coldness. I detected loneliness and sadness as well as a desire to get out of here. Suddenly I realized it was a spirit. But it wasn't like the normal spirits I read about. I walked over and suddenly I could feel the house and it's past and history. The very floor I stood on used to be a place where people would come to worship some being. The house had been built after a incident of the ceiling falling in had killed one teenager. The house had been haunted by him for many years as he had tried to find someone who could get him out of here. Suddenly I flashed back to reality. I couldn't see anything and I didn't have a crazy vision like in a horror movie. I had just felt the history of the house. I ran outside and suddenly a bunch of sensations reached me I could feel the neighborhood and its history. I could feel the emotions and thoughts of the people walking down the sidewalk. Then I remembered something I had read. There is a psychic ability that allows the user to feel the energy of a place or a person. I didn't know what I would do with this ability. But maybe when my mother is done I can try it out more. What I didn't know was that this ability would be the start of something even bigger.