2 | new

Athena woke up to her alarm at 6 in the morning

Athena woke up to her alarm at 6 in the morning. She got out bed stretching her limbs, getting up and making her way to the bathroom. When she looked in the mirror, she was shocked to see her own appearance. She looked like she hadn't slept in days, her eyes were bloodshot red, her hair looked like she had rolled around in a bush and had bruises on her arms. She decided that taking a shower and getting changed was the best option otherwise she would be late.

Athena made her way downstairs to find her Mum had cooked breakfast , "Morning, Mum."

She smiled, "Morning, sweetheart." It was rare for Athena to find her Mum up so early in the morning, seeing as she usually had the night shift at the hospital. Athena wasn't really hungry so she decided to grab an apple and make her way to school.

"Bye, Mum," she said, kissing her cheek. She places her breakfast on the table, "Bye, darling. Remember your Dad is coming to visit this weekend. I'll be at the hospital by the time you finish school, so I'll have dinner in the oven for you."

Athena grabbed her coat from the coat hanger, "I will, Mum. Love you."

"Love you too, sweetheart," Mum yelled after her.

Athena pulls up the school, taking a deep breath breath

Athena pulls up the school, taking a deep breath breath. She couldn't believe she was starting school in the middle of the semester. As she made her way over to the office, she bumped into a girl, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking were I was going."

The brunette smiled slightly, "Its fine, it wasn't your fault. I'm new and I wasn't exactly looking where I was going. I'm Isabella but I prefer being called Bella." Great, someone else that was new. At least now she wasn't alone.

"It's fine, Bella. I'm Athena and you're not the only one that's new. At least now I'm not alone." Athena could see that she wasn't exactly a people's person and preferred to be alone. She sighs in relief, "Its nice to meet you. I'm glad I'm not the only new person. Do you want to compare classes, his way we can help each other around?"

"That's a good idea, let me see your schedule." After comparing classes, they saw that they had a few classes as well as lunch together. "Let's head to our first class."

While making their way to class, they shared some small talk. Athena found out that Bella was the daughter of the Chief and that she just moved from Arizona. She preferred to be alone, in the background and hated being the center of attention. Athena knew she would be someone she could trust and would get along with great.

"You're Athena May and Isabella Swan, the new girls. Hi, I'm Eric, the eyes and ears of this place. Anything you need, tour guide, lunch date, shoulder to cry on?" spoke an Asian-looking guy.

Athena smiled, "I'm Athena, and I think I'm good. I can handle myself." She didn't want to come off as rude but she did prefer being alone and knew how to take care of herself.

"I'm really kind of the more suffer-in-silence type," says Bella uncomfortably.

Eric grinned, "Good headline for your feature. I'm on the paper, and you're news, baby, front page."

"No, I'm not," stuttered Bella.

Athena sighed in frustration, "I don't think so, no way." There was no way she was being put on the front page of the school news paper, part of staying low and not attracting any attention.

Bella stuttered once again, "You... Please don't have any sort of..."

Eric smiled, "Chillax. No feature."

Bella sighed in relief, "Okay, thanks."

Athena smiled slightly, "I'll see you guys later, I'm going to head to my first class."

Bella smiled, "I'll see you at lunch?"

Athena grinned, "Definitely." Lunch was Athena's favourite part of the day.