12 | prom

Athena woke up to a bright light

Athena woke up to a bright light. She squinted her eyes, trying to sit up. She frowned realising she was at the hospital, I hate hospital, she thought.

"Take it easy, darling." Jasper spoke from beside her. He helped her sit up on the hospital bed, fluffing her pillow making sure she was comfortable. He hated seeing her so vulnerable. He would be lying if he said he wasn't mad at Edward. One again, his mate had put Bella before her life and got hurt.

"I'm fine, you know."

The blonde sighed, "I know. I just hate seeing you like this."

Athena smiled up at her concerned mate, "I know. But you know it's my job to protect the innocent. How's Bella?" Despite not liking the brunette, Athena was worried about her. She worried that the venom took hold. She wanted the brunette to live a full live.

"She's fine. Edward managed to suck the venom out. She has a broken leg and a concussion. I told your parents everything and they know you're fine. They are currently in the canteen getting something to eat but they should be back soon," Jasper explained.

Athena sighed in relief, "That's good. I'm glad she's okay. How long have I been out."

"Just a few hours. Once the doctor gives the all clear, we are going back to Forks," Jasper finishes kissing the top of her head. "You should sleep."

The brunette nods, "Alright but stay with me, please?"

Jasper smiles, "Of course." Athena moved over on the bed to make room for Jasper next to her. When he got comfortable, she cuddled up to his side. Slowly drifting off to sleep.

A couple of days later, Athena was sat on her bed

A couple of days later, Athena was sat on her bed. All the bruised she had, had healed and her head was feeling much better. It was hard explaining to her parent's what had happened but they understood why she had to protect Bella. However, he parents did ground her for running of without telling them.

The brunette frowned when she heard a knock on the door. She made her way downstairs, opening the door to a giddy Alice.

Athena chuckled, "Come in, Alice." Athena had completely forgotten it was prom night but wasn't surprised when she found Alice at her door.

"Let's get you ready for a magical night." Alice spent four hours getting Athena ready for prom. Worst four hours of my life, she thought. She hated Alice using her as a doll but knew the little pixie would convince her anyway, so she just gave in.

Alice squealed in excitement when she heard a knock on the door. Athena got up taking a deep breathe. This was her first actual prom. She never before had a reason to go and now she was terrified.

"Come on," Alice giggles, dragging Athena along with her down the stairs. Alice opened the door to a dapper-looking Jasper. Her breathing hitched when she saw him. He looked at handsome and she couldn't believe he was all hers. Jasper couldn't believe how stunning Athena looked. She was his and he couldn't wait to spend forever with her.

"You look stunning, darling. You ready to go?"

"Thank you. You look handsome too. That I am."

Athena and Jasper made small talk during the drive to the school. She was nervous about her first prom but with Jasper by her side, she was more than excited. When they got inside, she greeted a few of her friends, before Jasper asked her to dance. He escorted her outside to under an arch with lights, pulling her in close for a slow dance.

"I'm glad I came along with you."

Jasper smiles, "I'm just glad I could convince you to come with me. I can't believe you're mine. Promise me something?"

"Of course."

"Promise me you will stop being so reckless and stop putting others before yourself. I love you and I have finally found you after so long, I can't lose you. Not now, not ever."

Athena sighed, "I can't promise that I won't be in danger because I am a Protector but I promise that I will try. I love you too and I promise you won't lose me. You're not getting rid of me so soon, Whitlock."

Jasper laughs, "I hope not. I can't believe after all this time, I finally found you."

Athena smiles, "You and me both. I never thought I would find my other half but I'm glad I did. After everything I have been through, I'm happy I'm not alone anymore. I love my family and I see the way my parents look at each other, I always wished I had that."

Jasper smiles, "Tell me about it. I love my siblings and watching them so in love made me realise how lonely I was. I love you, Athena May and I'm never letting you go."

"I love you too, Jasper Whitlock."

THE END