Chapter 3

Hi! Sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a bit! Been busy!

"Now can someone read this paragraph?" English, I don't hate it, but it isn't my favorite subject. I shifted in my seat to lower my self down so Mrs. Manora wouldn't chose me out of 32 students, "Ms. Harper how about you?" "Uhh why me?" "Cause I chose you, now read please" "Fine". Danielle Harper, the head cheerleader, she teases anyone that's not on the squad or the football team. "In the 1800s.." Her pink lipstick stained lips spoke that matched the 10 pound of make up on her face, I don't like makeup, it's not me, I don't understand how girls always wear it, it's annoying to take on and off and takes up to much time in life to put on.

"And people have been reportedly been going missing" I blinked and looked up, Mrs. Manora was standing I front of me with her hair tied in a tight bun that could pull the skin back on your face, as she to had makeup on. "Mrs. McDaniels, did you know that there Are people that have been going missing?" Oh shit, I've noticed some of this kids missing from class and swing them on the news, but I never cared for the news.

My guess is that's what that sound is. The one I've been hearing for the past few weeks.

I've been going to visit my parents and our pack every once in a while, and I've been hearing screaming, my guess, it's the other packs deciding humans are on the menu.

I know it's not my pack, I'd notice, and my parents would tell me.

"N-No ma'am.." " Well, keep an eye out, ther have been sightings of wolfs near by. And I know you live close to the forest. And the same goes for the rest of you that live close to any forested area. Just stay clear of the forest."

She looked at me with concern, but seemed like she was hiding something in those big brown eyes ,that held so many secrets you could tell by just looking into them.

"I will" I replied as she walked back to her desk.

*************************************

*After classes before the bell rings for home*

*************************************

"Hey babe!" I told my boyfriend Dan, we've been dating for a year now, "Oh hey.."

He looked down as sorrow and pity crossed his face, as quick as it came, it left. "Everything okay?" I asked, "Ya..."

Silence fell between us, "Faith, your a really nice girl, but were not qui-" "Wait, are you breaking up with me?" "I-I well yes.." It felt like my heart breaking like a baseball hitting glass, as it shatters and falls into a million pieces on the floor.

"Hello? Faith?" Dan said snapping me out of my thoughts as rage, hurt and anger bubbled inside me, I clenched my clammy hands as I just walked away.

It hurt to see him now, walking through the crowd I never knew formed around us to see what was going on. The crowd scatters as the bell rings, telling us we can go home.

Tears streamed down my face, blurring my vision, as I walked home, alone. "H-how could he?!" I said to my self between my sobs and hiccups, wondering about our relationship, if it was so bad, or if he fell in love with another girl.

Spots started forming on the ground as the streams of light faded, the darkness swallowing them up, telling me it was raining. Before getting wet, running home was my best option.

Pulling my hood up so my brown hair wouldn't get wet and stringy. Lifting my bag up over my shoulder more, as I started running back home, a block away.

Houses passing in a fury, blurs, as I dodged pedestrians walking on the street.

It felt like I was racing someone, but in all reality, I was racing the thunder and lighting.