Chapter 6

"Spence," Rowan couldn't afford to get distracted. She was too worried about her job. "Spence." She repeated, shying away from his soft kisses on her neck.
"Mhm?" He murmured, not looking up at her.
"I'm being serious." She pressed, running her hands through his hair. "What if my replacement is better than I am? What if Hotch doesn't want me back?"
"Row, Hotch walked you down the aisle. He loves you. And no one is better than you at your job." Spencer reminded her, continuing to trail his kisses up her neck to her jawline. He paused before he kissed her mouth.
"Spencer." She managed, not knowing what had gotten into him. Normally, he would comfort her for hours over things she was worrying about.
"Rowan," he leaned up so the two were at eye level. "Stop worrying. Your job is safe. Our daughter is safe. Me and you are safe."
She nodded, once, not breaking eye contact.
"So kiss me and let's take advantage of the one night that Penelope agreed to keep Elizabeth."
So Rowan kissed him back.
-
"My head." Rowan winced as she sipped her hot tea that Spencer had just finished making.
"You hit it." Spender reminded her.
"I didn't hit it that hard. I still remember." She looked at him across the island in their kitchen.
"I was just complaining. For more tea." She held her cup out and he refilled it, placing the kettle back on the stove.
"I have to go into work today." Spencer said softly, looking at her cup of tea.
"I know." Rowan nodded again. "You'll be fine. I'll be fine. I'm going to go help Penelope." She told him.
"You're going to work?" He looked slightly shocked.
"I talked to her this morning-"
"Rowan, you heard the doctor. You're not supposed to go to work at all. If you go, you'll just tire yourself out."
"I'll be fine." Rowan argued. "I can't just sit at home."
"That's what you're supposed to do!"
"What are you going to do, tie me up?"
-
Rowan shouldn't question Spencer.
"I cannot believe you." Rowan huffed, listening to Morgan clap in the corner.
Rowan's left hand was handcuffed to one of Penelope's filing cabinets.
"You dared me." Spencer was laughing, too.
"I did not dare you. I simply said 'what are you going to do: tie me up?'." Rowan argued.
"Sounds like a date to me, Pretty Girl." Morgan agreed.
"I have to pee." Rowan said loudly. "Can you unlock me now?"
"We've got a case." Hotch told them and pulled their attention back towards work.
Spencer tossed the keys to Penelope, who unlocked her.
"Don't let her on that jet." Spencer said to Penelope.
"Aye, aye, sir." Penelope nodded. The moment that Spencer's back was to her, she ushered Rowan out the door.
"I've got Elizabeth. I'll tell them you're in the bathroom. Lady problems. Go!"
"You're the best, Penny. I really mean it. Love you!"
Rowan power walked towards the elevators, keeping her head down and praying no one payed her any attention.
She couldn't miss work- how could anyone expect her to? She wasn't replacable- not by any means.