Chapter Two

"I can't believe that you're making me go to... HIS party!" Chelsea complains as we walk Downtown the next day.

"It's really not that bad. I'm sure there'll be a lot of people there and it will be fun." I counter. I walk into Starbucks as Chelsea huffs, realizing that its the end of discussion. I order my Grande Double Chocolaty Chip and walk over to wait to get it.

"Jade." Alexis' voice sounds alarmed and I look over at her, waiting for her answer but she just stares out the window. My eyes follow her gaze and I almost choke on my drink. Harry is just standing out there... He seems to be staring at me.

"He probably just doesn't wanna be seen near me so he's waiting till we leave to come in. I don't wanna be seen with him either." I hastily add on, trying to convince my friends that I don't like him.

"He looks like he wants to kidnap or-"

"It didn't seem like that earlier when you two almost cuddled in class." Arianna fails to forget, interrupting Chelsea.

"You what?!" Chelsea screeches.

"Calm down! Class was still going and he leaned over and whispered me to give him my number so that he could text me the details for the party." I try to reassure her as we file out the door.

"Yeah true but I could see that it took everything in you not to curl into him. Or maybe even climb onto his lap and give him a-"

"Okay! We're done!" Me eyes widen at the thought of what Arianna might have been going with that.

"I was gonna say kiss." She mutters, after we cross the street and continue to Central Park.

"Liar." Alexis jokes.

"Okay, yeah, you're right." They laugh and keep walking.

"Hey babe." A slimy voice sounds in my ear.

"What do you want Justin?" I snap. He's so disgusting and sleazy and unfortunately I'm always the main target.

"You." He puts his hands on my knee and the other holding me in place. I try to scream but he puts the hand that was holding me on my mouth. I try to twist away as his hand moves upward.

"I would get away from her if I were you." I hear a voice behind us and cringe as Justin's mouth reaches my neck.

"Oh really." Justin smirks and turns around.

"Yes, dirt-ball." Harry stood there, his gaze menacing. I saw Justin gulp. I had to admit, Harry looked really intimidating with his hands balled up at his sides, his eyebrows furrowed from anger making his eyebrow ring stick out and his lips curved into a scowl making his lip ring stick out even more. If I weren't about to get molested, I would've thought that it was really sexy.

I get shoved towards Harry and Justin hurries away. Harry's arms go on my waist to steady me but then looks embarrassed (yes EMBARRASSED) and he tries to let go but I keep clinging on, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Thank you." I whisper into his ear. For a second, I think I feel him tighten his grip on me, but it must've been my imagination because he shoves me away after.

"Don't mention it." Harry mutters and then turns and walks away.

I hurry over to my friends to find them staring at me. Uh oh, I just hugged Harry in front of them.

"What the HELL was that?" Chelsea shrieks.

"Why does it matter?" I yell back.

"If you're dating him, you won't be popular." Alexis mentions.