Chapter 4

The sky wept.

As always, it cried both happy and sad tears.

Happy because someone that was once lost is now found. Sad because a couple of lives had to be taken away in order to save that person. But isn't that how it is in life? You have to lose some to gain some.

It is a horrible thing, killing someone to save someone, but that's how it is in the ninja world. You can't take the easy way out and you can't always do it the way you want. There's always a price to pay.

The cold hard truth. And sometimes, the truth can really hurt.

###

The group walked back to Konoha. Kiba walked along side Akamaru who carried Suigetsu, Hinata carried Sasuke and Sakura carried Naruto.

After the blow to the stomach that Naruto had given him, Sasuke had passed out. As for Naruto, being in Sage Mode took a toll on him. He'd passed out as well.

It was unbelievable, really. After all of these years. He has his brother back.

His comrade. His friend.

Sasuke.

###

As they entered the gates, the guards that were taken aback.

It was Sasuke Uchiha. The Sasuke Uchiha.

The same one that left so long ago. The one who ran away.

The outlaw.

People gawked at him as they walk towards the hospital. They istantly recognizing him, his Uchiha looks giving him away.

His raven black hair, strong facial features, his obsidian eyes that were shut tight.

They finally make it their way to the hospital and as they walked through the glass doors, Sakura immediately took charge and started barking out orders.

"Get these two men in the ICU stat!"

She yelled as she laid Naruto on one of the stretchers that the nurses had pulled out, Hinata laid Sasuke on the other. The nurses hurriedly rushed them to said room, wasting no time.

"Get Kiba to the Radiology room and get an X-Ray on that arm! Also, handle this boy's wounds and summon Ibuki once he is healed. Let him know that he is an S-Class nin who was traveling with Sasuke Uchiha."

"Hinata needs stitches for her stomach. Get it done, now."

Hinata followed the last nurse to a separate room, leaving Sakura in the lobby alone.

She sighed and looked around gruelingly, her vision slightly blurry. The kunoichi had used up all of her chakra and right now, she was down to nothing.

She heard a familiar drowsy, deep voice. "What's with all the shouting, Sakura? I mean, knowing you it's nothing new—"

"Oh shut it Shikamaru. It's called doing my job." She rolled her shoulders back and sighed before continuing, "On our mission, we found Sasuke."

Shikamaru's eyes widened and Sakura nodded.
"How troublesome. Does Lady Tsunade know?"

"She probably does by now. The way that people were whispering about it, it's definately not a secret. Let me go notify her," Sakura muttered.

As she stumbled towards the door,  Shilkamaru lightly gripped her shoulder.

"Hey, you just need to rest right now. I bet you used up all of your chakra, and you look like a mess. I'll go."

He got a small laugh out of her then."Of course, Shikamaru. That's what every woman wants to hear. Thank you."

"Don't mention it."

###

"Lady Tsunade, we have some pretty interesting news," Shizune said, walking through her office door with Shikamaru behind her.

"What is it?" She asks, looking up from her papers, glad that she had an excuse to get away from her work.

"Sakura Haruno, Hinata Hyuuga, Kiba Inuzuka and Naruto Uzumaki returned from their mission quite successfully." Shikamaru handed her the sacred scroll. Tsunade raised an eyebrow.

"Let him finish my lady."

He looked at the Hokage. "As I was saying, they brought back this scroll, which Sasuke Uchiha was after. Long story short, he is now in intensive care."

A look of surprise etched across her face as she stared out the window. "Naruto finally brought that Uchiha kid back, huh? My, my. I must say I'm impressed."

She sighed and ran her fingers through her golden bangs. "This is just great. Now I have to deal with those old farts. They're going to be bothering me about this whole situation. But I suppose worrying about that can wait until later, I should figure out what to do with him now."

She turned from her window and walked towards the door.

"Lady Tsunade, are you headed for the hospital?" Shizune asked.

"Yes, I am. So if you two could stay here, that would be great."

____________________________

I can't believe I'm just laying here. I'm suppose to be helping people, not the one getting help.

Sakura sighed softly as she laid on top of the sheets of the hospital bed. She hadn't gained any fatal injuries, but she had fatigue from all of the chakra usage.

Her thoughts traveled to her team mates. She was worried about them both. They meant the absolute world to her, and she hated that things happened the way they did. She just wanted things to go back to normal.

Tears slowly rolled down her porcelain face.
She started crying, and this time she couldn't stop.

She just let the tears flow from her eyes without a single care. She laid in that hospital bed balling for a couple of minutes, soaking her pillow.

After a while, she soon calmed down, and it was in perfect timing too. There was a knock at the door before the person came in.

Tsunade.

She walked over to her bedside and gave Sakura a questioning look, noticing her red puffy eyes. The girl smiled, pretending as if nothing was wrong.

"Hello, my lady. What brings you here?"

"I just thought that you would like to know about your comrades? I haven't told anyone else yet, and since you're closest to them, I thought you should know first."

Sakura smiled brightly and hugged her. "Oh thank you, my lady! You don't know how worried I was about the two-"

Tsunade held her hand up to stop her from talking anymore. "Slow down, Sakura. I haven't told you their conditions yet, so don't get too excited."

Sakura smile fell and she put on a small fake one instead, deciding to hide her worry. She had this Tell-Me-Now-I'm-So-Desperate look in her eyes that she couldn't hide though.

"Sasuke will be fine. He'll be out of the hospital in a few weeks. Also, since he cannot be fully trusted, I have temporarily taken away his chakra and plan on doing the same with his Sharingan."

Sakura's eyes grew wide, surprised and shocked. She decided to keep all questions until the end like Tsunade always asked her to do.

"As for Naruto," She paused, hesitating. Sakura motioned for her to continue.

"...He's in a coma."

_______________________

(THIS CHAPTER HAS BEEN EDITED)