title of your story

I was in that hospital for a while. A few months, I think, but you lose track of time easily in that place. I never got comfortable there and I never tried to make friends. Just the word “friend” was foreign to me. I never had any, to be honest, and I didn’t want any.

When I got back into school mode, it was awkward and it didn’t feel right. My school was a private, rich kid kind of place. We all had our own special dorms in separate parts of the campus. I had my own room because I’m “special”. I don’t complain about it, though; even when you’re alone, you may not be lonely.

Since I’ve been out of the hospital, I’ve gotten a whole new wardrobe, a new hairstyle, and a tutor for everything I’ve missed. My hair is still brown, but it’s perfectly straight with blonde underneath at the roots. My style is almost hipster, but that would be too mainstream. I wanted more of an unnoticeable style, so I got that with a little hip. Jeans, leggings, and hundreds of dresses.

No one has noticed me here. It’s a nice feeling to be under the radar. Sadly, my therapist said I have to join at least two clubs or a sport. I’m nowhere near athletic, so the clubs were my only way to go. There were thousands of different clubs at this school and the sign-up board was covered. I’ve always liked singing so I joined the choir, but I also joined the writing club.

When you join into something special, it makes you feel special. After a quick day of classes, I headed back to my room and took out my favorite book, Paper Towns, by John Green. His books are always so relatable and easy to understand. Like he remembers being a problematic teenager and I love him for that. I read maybe 6 chapters before falling into a deep sleep.