Chapter 6 1/2: Gothie

Thea's POV,

Astrid and I walked up the trail to Gothie's hut. It was on the top on a very small mountain. I had asked Astrid if she would come with me to Gothie because I would feel most comfortable with her at my side.

We walked up the long trail breathing hard. I mean both of our stamina was pretty big, but when you are walking up a very steep trail you tend to get tired.

"I am going to faint when I get to the top. This trail is so long!" I complained.

"I feel ya," she said and her top was covered with sweat.

"I wish I could take GrayStream up here," I said, thinking how much more faster it would be.

"That would be nice. I wish I could take a dragon up here," she said.

"Hey I just had an idea. OK so what if I use my fire and bend it out from under my feet so we can just fly up," I said sarcastically.

"Wait that might be a good idea! OK try doing... whatever it is you do to make fire come, and then I will just grab onto you are we can fly up," She said.

"OK, but we are going to have to let down before we reach the top. I don't want Gothie knowing just yet," I said as I started to make fire under my feet. Then I saw airborne and Astrid next to me with both of her arms holding on for dear life.

Soon we got to the top. I let down just a feet meters from the door and we climbed the rest. We opened the door and called.

"Gothie are you home? We don't mean to disturb you but I have some questions about the fight tomorrow," I called in.

"No, no it's fine I was looking at the stars to night," she called back and I was surprised that she was talking at all. We walked out to her balcony and saw her sitting and looking at the stars.

"Y-you talked, I thought you were too old to be able to talk," Astrid said astonished.

"Yes dear I do, but only on special occasions," she turned to me," I know why you're here. You want to know why I picked your brother," my mouth hung open, she saw and said," I am the elder after all. I have my ways."

"So why did you pick Hiccup, I mean I don't think he can do it. Like kill a dragon," I said looking at her with pleading eyes.

"I know he can't kill a dragon," she said.

"I know you do but if you can- wait you do? How?" I asked shocked.

"I know you two have found, train, and flown a night fury. You are very brave. I had received a prophecy that a daughter of the gods and the weakest of them all would join humans and dragon together and rewrite history in more than one ways a-and...," she trailed off like there was something else," oh there is nothing more," she finished.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I live at the top of a mountain. All sound comes to me, and I can see you in the cove," Gothie looked over to the cove where Hiccup was helping Toothless with something.

"OK so why did you choose Hiccup!" Astrid yelled with rage.

"I choose him because he is the weakest of all. The one in the prophecy and so are you Thea. You are the daughter of the Gods. You two are going to rewrite history in many more ways than one. You need to show Stoic that we can be allies before, um nothing forget I said that," she turned from us and went to go look at the sky.

"OK thank you Gothie. I have a question? My powers, GrayStream says that more will come. Do you know any ones that will come, have the Gods told you anything about them?" I asked.

"They have told me something. You water is like medicine," she said wisely.

"Thank you Gothie. I will leave now," I said walking toward the door.

"Thea,"she called back,"if you ever need to talk come to me," she smiled and we walked out.

"Well that went well now didn't it?" Astrid said still a little mad about the reason she was not picked. I pulled off my circlet and examined it.

"Where did you get that. It looks beautiful," she smiled at me. We had a small silence and then I answered.

"My Mum had it made for me. She had it made for me when I was young and she thought she would be able to give it to me later in my life, then she died and ya know," I said looking at how it gleamed in a moon. I looked up and wish she would come back.

"Um, Thea that strip it's silver, not gold!" she exclaimed. I looked back from the sky and saw that she was right my circlet was silver and glowing like the moon. We stared at it for a long time then we got to the bottom. It was dawn now and I had put my circlet back on.

"Thanks Astrid I am going to get some sleep before the match. I have a feeling that I will need my strength today," I said walking up the hill.

"Oh Thea!," Astrid screamed," the strip is bronze now!"

I pulled my circlet down and looked at it now it was glowing bronze. I ran into the house.

"Hiccup!" I whispered to him," looked at my circlet!"

"Wa?" he said rubbing his eyes.

"Look!" I whispered and he looked at my circlet.

"Hey wasn't that gold?" he asked.

"Yeah, here look," I passed it over to him. Then when it had left my hands and was in his the strip quickly turned back to gold.

"Whoa. How did it do that?" I asked not expecting an answer.

"I think it reacts to your magic," he said looking around on it. He handed it back and it turn a lighter shade of bronze.

"Maybe it reacts to my magic and the time of day," I wondered.

"Yeah," he said laying back into his bed and going back to sleep. I stayed a wake. I studied the circlet. Putting it on the floor and watching it change colors until it was midday and I need to get ready for the battle. So did Hiccup.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Please Vote, comment, and follow.