Chapter Two: Wonderful Thing

It has been three years since I met Maggie and we've been together for a very long time now. It's been more than a year since we graduated from college and we found good jobs. Tonight, I'm planning something big. Tonight is our anniversary and I prepared everything. I took an early leave from work just to prepare everything and by the end of dinner there is going to be a big surprise for her.

I'm here outside waiting by the door for Maggie to arrive. When her car parked in front of the garage I immediately went to her and opened her door.

"Wow. You're home early." She said looking curious. As if speaking what was on her mind she said, "What's the occasion?"

"It's a surprise. Now close your eyes and NO PEAKING." I emphasized.

"I won't. I promise." She assured me.

When her eyes closed, I took her hand in mine and lead her inside the dining room. When I said she could open her eyes, she was shocked at what she saw. The table was made for two with a candle that was lit which made the dim lit room look warm.

Everything went according to plan. We had pasta for dinner, which I tried so hard to make since I'm not so good with cooking. We had desert and then talked about work, how our families are, and whatever comes into mind. Then the time came for the big surprise.

"Maggie, I've been wanting to ask you this question for a very long time." Then I knelt on one knee, got a box out of my pocket then opened it to reveal a diamond ring. Maggie gasped and then put both of her hands over her mouth.

" Maggie Stacey McAdams, will you marry me?"

She tried not to tear up then she took a deep breath. She looked at me with a serious expression yet her eyes spoke that she was happy.

"Yes." She said then I put the ring on her finger.

I carried her and spun her around. We started talking about plans for the wedding with excitement clear in our voices.