Chapter 1:- where do I go from here

LUCKY'S P.O.V

It's been a week. A week since my whole life has changed. A week I've cried non-stop. A week without my mum or dad.

They're gone. They're dead.

I have no family. None I can grieve with, none to help me through this other than my friends.

I love my friends I do. But this is one of the times I wish I had family of some sort.

Getting snapped out of my thoughts before the tears started to flood over again, witch I was thankful for.

"Luck, Lucky? There's someone on the phone for you dear" Alice my best-friends mum smiled at me warmly.

Alice and her family have been amazing too me, helping me with, well everything.

"Okay Jenny thank you, i'll be back now Alice, unless you'd like to follow me to the phone too"

You see Alice hasn't let me spend a minute alone, she thinks I might do something I will regret. I'm glad I have Alice, I don't know what I would do without her.

"Hello, is this miss Lucky Star" a middle age sounding woman spoke through the phone.

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"Well miss Star, I'm Quinn, the nurse from the hospital. I have some news for you, well a lot of news"

"Oh yeah, hi Quinn, I wanted to thank you for everything you've done for me, and please call me Lucky. What is the news" I curiously asked

"Well, your more than welcome dear. Oh yes. Lucky dear I don't know how to say this over the phone, but um the hospital have found relieves of yours" I can't believe it! Relatives, meaning family?! ".. From the UK, England. Doncaster if the notes are correct"

I couldn't speak all I could do was to start crying, Alice had here'd it all and even she was surprised at my reaction.

"Lucky dear, are you alright? I think it might be best for you to come back to the hospital to see me, to discuss the rest of the news, how does an hour sound?" Her voice hopeful, she must really have big news if she doesn't want to say it over the phone.

"I have family?" I spoke more to myself rater than Quinn on the other end of the phone.

"Yes dear, so is about an hour a good time for you?"

"Uh..oh...yeah that's uh a good time"

*One hour and a half later*

"Im adopted?" I whispered

"I hope the note your mum left helped understand.." Quinn carefully asked.

When I had got to the hospital Quinn had given me a letter and told me it was found in my mums purse and that it might explain a few things.

The letter read:

Lucky, baby. If you are ever given this letter something terrible has happened to me and dad. You know me planning ahead honey. But this is something I had to do no matter how much pain it brought me to wright this letter to you, but you have to understand I didn't do this to hurt you.

First off, everything me and your dad own, meaning the house, our money, cars, everything, even my law firm is all yours, now that we are gone everything is yours. All of it, every single bit! Do what you want with the house, keep it, sell it, expand it, keep it as a holiday home, anything it's yours! My law firm is yours, no that does not mean you now have to be a lawyer , you just own the company, own it with pride. They will contact you to give you the information and everything, all your doing is making sure my fundings still go to the firm so none of my staff lose their jobs.

Okay so here's the hard part, just remember I didn't do this to hurt you baby. I need you to understand how much me and your father love you, we will always be your parents and we will always be by your side.

Baby if you do get this letter, this isn't the only one. I've wrote a few so you will keep us with you, and me and your dad have in our wills that they be sent to you at certain times, I remember how much you love the film P.S I love you, and we thought that's something we would try do if anything did happen to us.

Lucky there is no way to say this that not going to upset you. But it has to be said, baby your adopted.

We adopted you the day you were born, you were born in Doncaster back in the UK as we told you. And we did name you, however we are uncertain of your birth mums name.

I know it's a lot to take in, and I know you have a mixture of emotions, but baby believe us when we say we kept this from you out of love.

We didn't tell you because there wasn't much to tell you, we know nothing of your birth family or if their even alive, you were put up for adoption as soon as you were born.

Lucky, no matter what happens, if you try looking for your birth family or not, remember that you will forever always be Lucky Destiny Faith Aqua Avalon Star. We really did choose a long name for you huh? But it suits you to a T.

Don't forget us.

P.S We love you.

"Yes Luck your adopted, the other news is the hospital done some digging, it was requested of your parents if they did pass for the hospital to do some research incase you did want to find your biological family. would you like to know what we found"

"Y-yes. Please" I croaked out.

"Sure honey. Well where to start" she started to look through her notes before looking up again. "Well, the day of your birth there was only one woman who gave birth to a girl in the same hospital you were born"