3 - The Girl In The Trees

[ Media is your weapon ]

Chapter 3 - The Girl In The Trees

*Your POV*

I slept for a bit and.. I sense someone...was watching me? Huh??

I looked at my sides and then down..what the..? A grey and white wolf? Huh???????

Just then a girl with white hair and black tips faced me upside down while she was hanging from a tree branch.

"Hi!!" She greeted then jumped down on my branch.

"Y-you aren't scared??" I asked frowning. I wasn't sealing my aura back.

"Why would I be? Oh right, you're that Ether from Phoenix Drop!"

"You live there? How do you..know I'm an Ether?"

"Nah, I'm an outsider. I hang here in the trees." She's so...calm? What the hell?

"Why?" I got comfortable when I sensed that she isn't a threat.

"I don't really like rules and stuff. But I like it here. So peaceful and..maybe I could offer help when I decide to actually show up. By the way, my name's Eyanne. Uhh..don't tell them I'm here!"

Uhm..ok? "I'm (Y/n). You have weaponry magicks?"

"Yep. Stop using yours on me!" She nudged me.

"I'm sorry!" I laughed. "Wait.. how do you know my magicks? Were you spying on us?!"

"Yeah...I kinda spy on everyone here in Phoenix Drop whenever something's interesting. But don't worry, I don't use them against others except when joking or needed."

"Ohh...so, you know?"

"Yeah.."

"Why don't you go to Phoenix Drop? The people there are nice. Well, much better to you!"

"Well..I kinda like it here outside. The forest is nice, you know. And Sly, I don't know if they'll accept him or not.."

"Sly?"

"Yeah. My wolf. That grey and white wolf over there. Come, Sly!"

Then the wolf climbed the tree jumping from branch to branch. Oh god... I forgot how animals were to me!

I showed my wings and flew up.

"Don't worry. Sly isn't like the other animals. He doesn't like the dark aura but.. He senses a person for what she is. Just like you!"

"Haha..ok..?" I come close to the wolf and sense that he is letting his guard down. He...like me? Oh wow.

Sly just sat there waiting for me to do something. Hmm..

I tried to pet him and he there. Wow..

"Wait... Do you hear that?" Eyanne looked down but far from the gates. "Shoot! The bandits they're...THEY'RE ATTACKING A CAMP LET'S GO!!"

"W-what?" Before I could say anything she jumps from branch to branch and swings from the vines. Wow..she really knows how to move. Sly jumped down from the tree and ran in the direction Eyanne was going to. I released my wings again and flied down. I can't let them see that I'm an Ether. I just can't.

As I landed I hid my wings again and started to run behind Sly. I summoned a set of Sai, a weapon I'm perfectly good at, using my Etherean powers then sealed my aura.