Eight

That day at school, I actually had fun being with Felix and not pretending that I didn't know him. And having my miraculous back, I felt even better. I rubbed my wrist thinking about what he told me. That he wants to be Chat Noir to protect me, not because he has to be. I wanted to ask him to take off the ring, but I couldn't. It was lunch once again, but this time Damian waved me over to talk to him. Felix shoved me towards him and the others, even though I was scared if I talked to them they'll find out who I really am. I couldn't not though, cause it could also be the same result. Felix seemed to want me to talk to them so why not. Felix had done so much for me so why not do this for him. It really couldn't hurt, could it?

"Yo, Mira! That's your name, right?" Damian asked, waving frantically.

"Y-yeah." I managed to say. For some reason, I got really shy when I wasn't around Felix or Dragonfly. "O-or MJ if you prefer. I-I don't mind either."

"You seem nervous. Is everything okay?" Bridgette asked me, confused.

"It's okay Mira, you can do this. Be strong for Felix." Moku whispered to me, and she was right.

"Oh, yeah. Just a bit cold in here, d-don't you think?" I managed to put out, making myself sound cold and faking the stutter.

"So, yesterday you lived through and fought an army of pigeons and stood up to Chloe Bourgeois? Do you have a freaking death wish?" Melody asked, completely shocked.

"No, I just happened to be shocked and didn't run outside then Chloe got on my nerves, especially when Fè wouldn't let me fight my own battles." I explained and Damian raised his eyebrows up and down.

"Fè huh? So, you two a couple or what?"

"I-I'm not really sure anymore. It's a lot more complicated then you'd think." I told them, and just then my phone started ringing. I answered it looking over for Felix, but he was gone. "Where'd you go?" I asked, confused.

"My dad just text messaged me. He's stopping to get Adrien from his photoshoot. He wasn't suppose to be back for another couple of months. I need your help getting ready for him. I promised him I'd make cookies for him."

"Wait, blonde, kind of scruffy, and a year younger then us?" I asked, amazed.

"Yeah, that Adrien."

"Woah, I've never heard you so happy."

"Yeah, but we'll have to take a rain check on that Chat Noir and Dragonfly battle. We made a deal a while ago when he left so we won't be able to deal with your problem for a while."

"How long is this deal going to last for?" I asked, annoyed now, whispering into the phone.

"I'm sorry Mira Jane, but this is a lot more important then your father. I know that I shouldn't say that, but really, this is larger then you know. I really am sorry."

"Larger then... Did you see what he did to me?"

"Either you have to wait, or talk to the police. He's not going anywhere Mira, so could you please wait a few days?"

"Fine, but you gotta make sure your dad doesn't call the police." I whispered again.

"Anything. Thank you so much."

"You're sound so exited. It's nice to hear you like this again. It's been a long time." I told him, and the side of the building blasted into bits. I was blown to the other side in the wall. Luckily it was a nice day and most students were outside. I forced myself to get up and pick up my phone.

"What the hell was that? Are you alright?" Felix asked me franticly. At least, that's what I heard him say.

"I'm hit. School just exploded. I don't know what it was but it reopened my wounds. I got thrown into the wall by the blast. I was the only one by the walls though, luckily."

"Hold on Mira! I'm on my way! Just don't move!" He yelled, and the phone line went dead. I held my stomach area trying to slow the bleeding.

"Just get here soon Felix." I whispered, sitting down hoping that would help a bit. Everyone ran out of the cafeteria but me. I was stuck there as a man walked in.

"I am the Boom! You will pay for what you did Mira Jane! You won't embarrass me anymore! I am going to finish you off once and for all!" He yelled, and right away I knew who it was. My father had become one of Hawk Moth's goons. I couldn't change. I wasn't strong enough to fight. I didn't know where the quantic kids went, but they had to be able to come soon considering they were here when the wall blew too. I moved back as much as I could, but I was bleeding too much.