ix. thanatos and lacy

a/n: sorry, sorry for updating so late! i just can't find the right feels/inspiration. i can't feel anything hahaha so i'm trying my best to try and find my old self again. anyway, i hope you guys will somehow like this one. thank you so much for waiting! :)

you can tweet me up anytime on twitter @NicAthena

- unedited

- athena

☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

For the first time ever, Thanatos's time wasn't wasted. His time had been expandable, breaching out the ordinary events and encompassing the mortal world. It was as if he had the entirety of time with him – no, with them. Lacy and Thanatos spent their time doing what normal people do.

Thanatos found out a lot of things about Lacy in the span of time they were together. She liked her ice creams topped with sprinkles, her dresses paired with hats, and the idea of sleeping. That last bit of information shocked him. Deaths had no time to sleep, but apparently Lacy was adamant on taking a sleep. She figured she could use a rest and that sleeping took her on another edge of the cliff wherein she could take the fall and get back up.

"Why don't you sleep, Thanatos?" she asked him the other week.

"I can't," he answered her, his eyes taking her in. "How can you even sleep?"

Lacy laughed. "Locked up, remember? There's nothing much to do then. I wasn't able to sleep at first, but with lots of practices, I managed to do it. It was one of the best feelings in the world!"

"Sleeping?" It was odd to find sleeping as any remotely related to interesting and peaceful. Anyone could die from it, too.

"You should try it sometime."

Thanatos refused to try. He didn't want to waste his time sleeping, he wanted to continually look at her. Still, he promised her he would try and there came a moment when Lacy found a place for them to stay in and it was small and cozy, but it had her warmth.

Once in bed, she laid her head on his arm and scooted closer, sniffing. "Promise me you'll try it."

"I promise."

He did try, but worry clung to him. He couldn't have his eyes closed, not knowing where she could be, so instead, he watched her sleep. It was a strange sensation, to watch a Death sleep – to watch her sleep, thinking she was going to be fine. Lacy seemed more and more humane, looking for comfort in the wrong places. She craved what mortals had, always dragging Thanatos through her escapades and he was more than willing to follow her lead.

He figured her out, or at least a part of her.

Lacy was enjoying the luxuries of the world that was taken away from her before. And yet . . . there were times when she would run away from Thanatos, as if his presence was a cold chain that was dragging her downward. She'd run as far as she could and only come back once her smile was back. When she first did it, Thanatos ended up in the torture chamber . . . again.

He thought Hades had taken her so he went to the Underworld and accused Hades of a lot of things.

Hades, a man of his word, tortured him for an entire week before kicking him out of the Underworld, saying he shouldn't put the blame on anyone else's as Lacy was his responsibility.

When he got back, he found Lacy soaking up the rain, crying. Not just any cry, it was howling kind of cry. She looked like she carried the burden of the entire universe then and Thanatos once thought it was because he disappeared, but it wasn't.